sixpenney

sixpenney

Reaction score
Okay I did receive the 5.1 for android, did not want but accidently left wifi on and the store I was in had it and the update downloaded. Now cannot receive email. Went into Verizon for 1 hour and they could not fix. Called Verizon tier 2 and they cannot fix. Told me to do a factory reset. Said could store my stuff on the cloud but failed to tell me how to get it back to phone.
Promised to call me back. That is a laugh, been over 2 hours and no call. Cannot reach the same guy and received a different fix from the next guy. Both did not work.
Everything on the phone works except email. Droid Turbo. Motorola cannot help either.
So anyone in this world have a fix for me before I lose all my hair?
Thank You

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Hi, and first let me say that I am very sorry for the issues you are suffering. I am sure that the massive brain power that is the membership of this forum can find a solution for you. Usually when you suffer failed operations such as you are, they can typically be one of two issues. Either it's a failed or corrupted update, or it's a software conflict.

In the case of an OTA update, some have never had an issue and also have never done either a clear cache or a system restore, whereas others swear by either or both after an update.

I would start with clearing the cache.

Wipe Cache Partition - DROID TURBO by Motorola
[Device-Specific Instructions]
If apps freeze/hang, your device crashes/resets, you can't view email attachments or website images or your data isn't syncing, wiping your cache partition may help.

caution.gif
Performing a wipe cache partition removes any temporary files that may be causing an issue with the device. All personal files and settings aren't affected by this option.

1. Ensure the device is powered off.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Down button and Power button (located on the right edge of the device) for approximately 3 seconds then release.
  3. From the 'Boot Mode Selection Menu' screen, select Recovery mode.
    linote.gif
    Utilize the Volume buttons to scroll through the menu options and the Power button to select.
  4. From the 'Android system recovery' screen (Android figure lying on his back), press and hold thePower button then press and release the Volume Up button to display the menu options.
  5. Select wipe cache partition.
    linote.gif
    Utilize the Volume buttons to scroll through the menu options and the Power button to select.
    linote.gif
    The process may take 60 to 90 seconds to complete. (Let me say here, that's hilarious. I've had it take 10 minutes or more. BE PATIENT)
  6. Select reboot system now.
    linote.gif
    The device may take 60 to 90 seconds to restart. (The system may do this on its own. Don't be alarmed)

OP
S

sixpenney

Reaction score
The new fancy Motorola Droid Turbo. The Droid Maxx was a very good phone so thought the Turbo would be much better. Not