Update failed???

Cloppy

Reaction score
Probably just the deleted stuff the other apps probably have updates installed on them like maps

pool_shark

Reaction score
The update keeps failing for me. I've moved the apps back, I've un-rooted, I've re-rooted, it just will not install.

OP
N

nickb1

Reaction score
The update keeps failing for me. I've moved the apps back, I've un-rooted, I've re-rooted, it just will not install.

So you put all your apps back and it still didn't work?
If it didnt work for you it probably wont for me. I wonder whats causing it to fail?

pool_shark

Reaction score

If it didnt work for you it probably wont for me. I wonder whats causing it to fail?

I had already put all of the apps back and it failed. However, I believe the problem was the StickyNoteWidget files were named incorrectly.
I fixed them, ran the update again, and it worked.

I'm updated and rooted again.

OP
N

nickb1

Reaction score

I had already put all of the apps back and it failed. However, I believe the problem was the StickyNoteWidget files were named incorrectly.

So what should I do?

Cloppy

Reaction score
That's weird one file named wrong can cause that. Glad its working for you now

pool_shark

Reaction score

So what should I do?

Just put any apps you've moved or removed back where they came from, download and install the update.

pool_shark

Reaction score
That's weird one file named wrong can cause that. Glad its working for you now

I had read if the preinstalled apps were not there the update would fail. That was one app that wasn't there because the name was incorrect.

I'm assuming that's what it was anyway, because this time I left it rooted when I did the update, the only thing that I changed was that filename.

OP
N

nickb1

Reaction score

So what should I do?

Just put any apps you've moved or removed back where they came from, download and install the update.

Ive put most of the apps back but for some reason the cardock and 3g hotspot will not move back any ideas? It just says application not installed with after i click install???!?!?

pool_shark

Reaction score
So what should I do?

Ive put most of the apps back but for some reason the cardock and 3g hotspot will not move back any ideas? It just says application not installed with after i click install???!?!?

I moved all of mine via command line. Did you move the apps or delete them?

OP
N

nickb1

Reaction score

I moved all of mine via command line. Did you move the apps or delete them?
I deleted them, no backup. I just downloaded all the files and transfered the file to the sd. Ive been sitting here clicking on all 150 some of them on the phone seeing which ones are already installed. The only 2 are cardock and 3g hotspot, im sure thats whats causing it to fail. Do you think you can post the 2 and i will try to install them?

nickguz

Reaction score
i dont see a system/app folder. do i need to root again before i do this? or can i add the apps unrooted?