Help, Droid gone nuts!

MarkO

Reaction score
Applied a new rom last week (BB 0.5). Worked fine for about a week, then starting yesterday it's been going completely nuts. As if a ghost is tapping the screen. It's nearly impossible to use.

I've done a bunch of battery pulls, but nothing. Cleaned the screen, still nothing. I'm wondering if it's the rom, or maybe hardware related in the form of a defective touch sensor or something. Any help appreciated.

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Is it all the time or just when you have it plugged in.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you have a backup restore it and see if that resolves the issue. If so, it is the rom. If not, then start considering the hardware.

OP
M

MarkO

Reaction score
I do have backups, but I've never gone back to applying one. I'm going to try a Nandroid restore back to an earlier version (earlier 2.2 from July) and post.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Restoring a backup from July may take you back to 2.1. Do you remember what rom and version that was backed up?

OP
M

MarkO

Reaction score
Well restoring back to FRF84BV04.zip did not help. Still acting crazy. Like as if it's receiving false data from the touch screen. Randomly panning back/forth up/down, opening applications, etc...

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I would go for a more recent/different backup for the simple fact you wont have to deal with being constantly prompted to update your device.

I think that bugless build was plaqued with the constant reminder to update. I may be wrong though.

Sent from my Droid

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Mark are you on the charger when this occurs? Or does it exhibit this behavior while off the charger as well?

Sent from my Droid

OP
M

MarkO

Reaction score
charger has no effect. It's nuts both on and off the charger.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I may be off base but in view of the things that you've tried it seems that the issue is hardware.

OP
M

MarkO

Reaction score
I'm thinking it's hardware related too.

Anyone know how long the warrantee is good for?

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking 90 days but not sure. Call VZW customer service they can tell you. I prefer to work with the CS folks instead of the store because they seem more helpful and sensitive to customer needs.

Mike

OP
M

MarkO

Reaction score
According to VW it's still under warrantee. :)

OK, anyone know how I go about getting a stock rom?

janson745

Reaction score
I had the exact same thing happen yesterday for about a half hour. Off the charger. And I am running plain stock 2.2 on my D1. I did a battery pull and it seemed to help, but I also put my phone down for about 45 mins after pulling...

I hope it is not a recurring deal...