*** Help Clean My Droid ***

listenman20

Reaction score
i 2nd deleting the task killer. it's redundant. android kills task as needed to free up space needed.

is deleting your texts freeing up the memory?

listenman20

Reaction score
I am assuming you have a moto droid 1?

lol...i noticed the 8Gb card but didn't think to ask the obvious question about which device he's running. i'd ASSume the eris with the 8Gb card. i think the same principles apply tho.

OP
R

Relig

Reaction score
Its a Eris...

*Deleting Task Killer*

How do I mass delete or delete all of them... I only know how delete thread by thread

billygalbreath

Developer
Reaction score
my wife's Eris did the same thing once when we first got it, but she went market crazy and had over 50 apps installed. More notably, she had majority of the type of apps that would run on boot (widgets, task killers, facebook/twitter/yahoo/msg/im/etc etc, rss readers, battery meters, mail checkers, etc etc) she was literally running just about everything under the sun all at once on boot. But hers was a far worse case as on boot she would be multiple FC issues, including ACore FC (which cases the phone to NOT have a signal). All this was fixed by deleting apps, tho.

Not saying this is the same case as yourself, but just wanted to throw my 2 cents in there. ;)

OP
R

Relig

Reaction score
Yea speakin of things that happen on boot...My text message tone goes off 3 times EVERY time my phone boots up...which is only like twice a week or so maybe...but after it goes off there is no messages>?? also how can I check to see what all starts with the boot?

listenman20

Reaction score
how can I check to see what all starts with the boot?
there's an app for that. i forgot the name but i think it has to do with "autostarts" or something similar.

OP
R

Relig

Reaction score
Im startin to read up on rooting...any immediate thoughts? lol

BigZig

Reaction score
Been rooted for a month and will never go back but make sure you read up on it to see if its what you want. though if you are even a little tech savvy its pretty simple.
But if not Stay away from one click rooting apps like easy root. I Hear nothing but bad things

OP
R

Relig

Reaction score
Does it take yall forever to delete txts threads?

Do you HAVE to have the USB cord to Root?

everstar80

Reaction score
possible solution

Maybe you could go to the menu where you manage and remove applications and clear the cache since you said you run games, it may take up cache and internal memory. Hope that helps.:icon_ banana:

OP
R

Relig

Reaction score
*** Txt and App managing help ***

I have A LOT of text I'm trying to delete. I have an Eris. I'm trying to delete multiple threads/contact conversations. It either takes mine more than an hr or doesn't do it. If I delete 1 at a time it takes like 5 to 10 min?? But ill try to delete multiples and have it ride beside me Playin Xbox. It just shows the loading sign forever.

Also in manage apps there's A LOT of stuff in there and idk what I can do without...I don't wanna delete somethin the phone needs....