*** Help Clean My Droid ***

Relig

Reaction score
I just got a message saying im running low on memory?? Phone HAS been laggy for awhile....how can I clean this thing off...apps?

PhoenixGTR

Reaction score
Something is hogging memory. Which apps do you have and how many widgets?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

BigZig

Reaction score
No apps is not your problem I have a least 45 I have no problem with memory I am rooted and my rom always has 50 mb of memory free I'm pretty sure it means virtual memory that what your cpu runs off of maybe to many thing running at once try force stoping some apps from settings

listenman20

Reaction score
run into that problem once...it was a bad install of pandora. uninstalled and reinstalled and no problems since. read where others have had this problem too with different apps....may just have to uninstall one at a time til you find the culprit.

OP
R

Relig

Reaction score
I have advanced task killer....this is running *clock* *messages* and *advanced task killer* ... Widgets? Umm none that I know of?? No music...couple youtube vids, 4 or 5 games...not any where near 45

listenman20

Reaction score
and when you look in sd card and phone storage under settings, how much free space do you see in internal memory?

OP
R

Relig

Reaction score
Total = 7.39GB
Avail. = 6.97GB
Internal = 26.93MB

listenman20

Reaction score
how many sms and mms do you have saved up in your inbox/outbox? that really used to be the biggest thing to take up memory. i haven't seen that case with these phones tho. for only having a few apps installed you sure have little internal memory left. i'd try uninstalling then reinstalling apps one at a time and see if you find a difference. if you can pinpoint the specific app, i'd write to the dev for that app and constructively criticize.

OP
R

Relig

Reaction score
ok I do have ALOT of txts....Havent erased much since I bought it like 4 or 5 months ago...but when I go to delete a txt thread or w.e its called with 1 individual, it literally takes like multiple minutes to delete no matter if its 10msgs or 700msgs

Also I used to think I had some sort of virus or something on it cause it would do WEIRD stuff like

*When its charging I CANT txt or its a pain in the butt! If I was to type "Hey whats up!?" as soon as I space from "y" to start the "w" on "whats" it will move the cursor like in-between the "e" and "y" or "H" and "e" ... Sounds stupid but thats what it does constantly even after you get the cursor back where you want it. A letter or 2 later and it randomly goes to previous typed text.

* Stuffs been having to be Forced Closed more noticeably
* Sometimes randomly its LAAAAAAAAGGGGGGYYYYYY just to type+send a text

The last 2^ could be due to the memory issue if there anything like computers..

thanks for all the help so far!

Last edited:

BigZig

Reaction score
I would kick the task killer to start. Then reboot your phone and let the android OS so its job and keep your memory free for you