Help choosing a phone

kookk

Reaction score
So I have a rooted D1, PEv6 beta and it is starting to die a bit. Starting to lag more, and lock up and miss texts.

I need a bigger screen due to my hands and I watch a lot of youtube and netflix. I also want it to run games smoothly. I love playing time wasting games on my phone, but I hate the lag my D1 gives.

My contract still has another year, so I was thinking a Droid X, because they have the right screen, theyr eon the cheaper end, and I hear liberty makes them fly. I know they have a bit more ram and a faster processor. Do they run things that much better than a d1 or should I just bare with my old phone for another year?

edit: I also love live wallpapers. Just about every live wallpaper makes my D1 lag, will it also make a DX lag?

missrachel

Reaction score
If you're thinking about getting a Droid X, wait for the Droid X2! It will be coming out very soon and it has a dual-core processor, which is much better for gaming. The price shouldn't be too high since the phone isn't 4G...

OP
K

kookk

Reaction score
If you're thinking about getting a Droid X, wait for the Droid X2! It will be coming out very soon and it has a dual-core processor, which is much better for gaming. The price shouldn't be too high since the phone isn't 4G...

I don't know if I'm prepared to pay that much for a phone I'll only have until my contract is up in a year. (poor college kid)

However if some things I'm trying to sell get sold, it is a very real option. I like the idea of having something I don't absolutely have to give up when my contract expires, that way I can wait for the next big thing while still enjoying my current phone.

oh and 4g isn't a huge issue for me. My area wont have it for a year at least anyways.

Last edited:

mountaineerndixie

Reaction score
I just got an Incredible 2 and I am more than happy with it. I am coming from an OG Droid, so it's a good step up for me whereas many folks wouldn't see it that way if they had an Inc. or X or something like that.

Just throwing it out there. I hated htc due to battery life before but I've been blown away by this one. Yesterday when I put it on the charger I had 31+ hours off the charger, 6+ of that awake and I had 30% battery left.

It's a solid phone if you don't need 4G.

OP
K

kookk

Reaction score
I think for the minimal difference in price, I'd rather have the larger qHD screen. I do wish the DX2 came with sense