Best ROM for Droid 1?

linyx90

Reaction score
I've been running CyanogenMod 7.0.0-RC2 and I love it. I've started wondering if the grass is greener on the other side. Mostly curious about Ultimate Droid and Steel Droid.

While I like the Cyanogen I currently have, it doesn't allow for overclocking past 800. I have an app called WidgetLocker that lags my phone a bit. I like it enough to get an overclock specially for it. Also, I noticed my phone lags slightly from time to time during normal usage.

I like that SD can overclock to 1.1GHz, not really sure about UD.

Thoughts?

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
If there was a best ROM then there would only be one ROM. They each have their good points. Some work better on some phones than others as well. Try them each out for a weeek or so and see which one you like the best.

Diab210

Reaction score
It boils down to personal choice. The two that I have really enjoyed are Sapphire and Cyanogen(both 6 and 7). However I have heard nothing but good things about other original droid roms. They all seem to roughly have the same tweaks over the oem android 2.2 from motorola and then branch off with extra little goodies and built in apks from there.