1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Help! Bootloop for GummyJAR! Cant go into recovery mode!

Discussion in 'Droid 2 Tech Issues' started by nickman1122, Jan 23, 2011.

1. nickman1122

nickman1122 New Member

So i tried using rom manager to flash the GummyJAR rom. When i went into boot mode, I couldnt get into recovery mode. NOW take out the battery, put it back in, push the powerbutton until the motorola sign comes up, then I press x then hold the power button. Then it goes to the gummyJAR boot and just loops. I tried connecting my phone to a wall but nothing changes EXCEPT when I get to the picture of the battery, i try going x+hold power button but same old GummyJAR bootloop/. I tried connecting it to my computer but then it just says "Bootloader D2.37 Battery OK OK to prgram Transfer Mode: USB" PLEASE HELP. Been trying for like 2 hours. PLease post ANYTHING that might help. How to do the steps I'm doing, links to stuff, anything. Thanks.
  2. FC127

FC127 New Member

You need to hold x and the power bttons at the same time right from the start. Then keep holding until recovery comes up. Try wiping cache and data from stock recovery.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App
  3. Kimo91

Kimo91 New Member

Exactly what happened to me last week. Tried everything and even brought it to my friend who's a android nerd and he too couldn't recover my phone. Had to get it replaced.

sent from Kimo's rooted DROID 2
  4. FC127

FC127 New Member

Are you prepared to pay full price for that phone when verizon sees what is wrong with it?

5. UrbanBounca

UrbanBounca Premium Member Premium Member

You're not holding "X" long enough. GJ did this to me, too, and I wiped cache/data, and SBF'd back to normal.

Your "Google nerd" must not know much about Android.

6. Kimo91

Kimo91 New Member

7. Kimo91

Kimo91 New Member

I paid the insurance cause I'm not like some of the dumb asses here that cause their phone to break via rooting and try to scam Verizon to send a free replacement. I broke my phone therefore I pay the price.

8. CD95YJ

CD95YJ New Member

But even with the insurrance on the phone they can still charge you full price for the replacement if they look at your old phone and see the reason it "broke" was because you rooted it. Dropping it in water, dropping it on the ground, those are accidents, rooting and screwing it up isn't, and filling an insurance claim could be taken as fraud.

Now to the op, when you connect to your computer that is the bootloader. Download RSDlite and the full SBF file for your phone to your computer. Make sure to read the posts on using RSDlite and flash the stock SBF to your phone. You can recover your phone... honest
    Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App
  9. quayday8

quayday8 New Member

+1 on this info. I had the same problem with GummyJar and did my research and brought my D2 back to life with an incredible ROM to boot!
  10. NiceGuysFinishLast

NiceGuysFinishLast New Member

You paid $90 + shipping to replace a phone that could have been flashed in 10 minutes by someone with some basic knowledge acquired from the internet, and WE'RE the dumbasses?
  11. quayday8

quayday8 New Member

LMAO, so harsh!
Search tags for this page
can i take out the battery during a recovery mode boot loop

cant boot galaxy centura into download or recovery mode