Help! Bootloop for GummyJAR! Cant go into recovery mode!

nickman1122

Reaction score
So i tried using rom manager to flash the GummyJAR rom. When i went into boot mode, I couldnt get into recovery mode. NOW take out the battery, put it back in, push the powerbutton until the motorola sign comes up, then I press x then hold the power button. Then it goes to the gummyJAR boot and just loops. I tried connecting my phone to a wall but nothing changes EXCEPT when I get to the picture of the battery, i try going x+hold power button but same old GummyJAR bootloop/. I tried connecting it to my computer but then it just says "Bootloader D2.37 Battery OK OK to prgram Transfer Mode: USB" PLEASE HELP. Been trying for like 2 hours. PLease post ANYTHING that might help. How to do the steps I'm doing, links to stuff, anything. Thanks.

FC127

Reaction score
You need to hold x and the power bttons at the same time right from the start. Then keep holding until recovery comes up. Try wiping cache and data from stock recovery.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Kimo91

Reaction score
Exactly what happened to me last week. Tried everything and even brought it to my friend who's a android nerd and he too couldn't recover my phone. Had to get it replaced.

sent from Kimo's rooted DROID 2

FC127

Reaction score
Exactly what happened to me last week. Tried everything and even brought it to my friend who's a android nerd and he too couldn't recover my phone. Had to get it replaced.

Are you prepared to pay full price for that phone when verizon sees what is wrong with it?

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You're not holding "X" long enough. GJ did this to me, too, and I wiped cache/data, and SBF'd back to normal.

Your "Google nerd" must not know much about Android.

Kimo91

Reaction score

Are you prepared to pay full price for that phone when verizon sees what is wrong with it?

I paid the insurance replacement cause I was the reason it bootlooped...I'm not dumb like these asses here that try to pull a scam to get a free replacement when they break their phones

Kimo91

Reaction score
I paid the insurance cause I'm not like some of the dumb asses here that cause their phone to break via rooting and try to scam Verizon to send a free replacement. I broke my phone therefore I pay the price.

CD95YJ

Reaction score
But even with the insurrance on the phone they can still charge you full price for the replacement if they look at your old phone and see the reason it "broke" was because you rooted it. Dropping it in water, dropping it on the ground, those are accidents, rooting and screwing it up isn't, and filling an insurance claim could be taken as fraud.

Now to the op, when you connect to your computer that is the bootloader. Download RSDlite and the full SBF file for your phone to your computer. Make sure to read the posts on using RSDlite and flash the stock SBF to your phone. You can recover your phone... honest
Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

quayday8

Reaction score
But even with the insurrance on the phone they can still charge you full price for the replacement if they look at your old phone and see the reason it "broke" was because you rooted it. Dropping it in water, dropping it on the ground, those are accidents, rooting and screwing it up isn't, and filling an insurance claim could be taken as fraud.

Now to the op, when you connect to your computer that is the bootloader. Download RSDlite and the full SBF file for your phone to your computer. Make sure to read the posts on using RSDlite and flash the stock SBF to your phone. You can recover your phone... honest
Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

+1 on this info. I had the same problem with GummyJar and did my research and brought my D2 back to life with an incredible ROM to boot!

Reaction score
I paid the insurance cause I'm not like some of the dumb asses here that cause their phone to break via rooting and try to scam Verizon to send a free replacement. I broke my phone therefore I pay the price.

You paid $90 + shipping to replace a phone that could have been flashed in 10 minutes by someone with some basic knowledge acquired from the internet, and WE'RE the dumbasses?

quayday8

Reaction score

You paid $90 + shipping to replace a phone that could have been flashed in 10 minutes by someone with some basic knowledge acquired from the internet, and WE'RE the dumbasses?

LMAO, so harsh!