Bootloops + FailRecovery mode.

TankRust

Reaction score
Hello! I recently rooted my Droid 2G (Z4root) and bootstrapped it and all. I even backed it up with clockwork. I decided to try ROMs so I went to the app market and got ROM Manager. I got Apex and ginger theme. So I went into recover flashed the apex and then ginger bread and rebooted. When It came on the M came up and then the android thing came up and never booted. (Bootloop im guessing.) So I restart the phone, try again and again but nothing. So, I decide to flash it back to the old ROM. But I cant get into recover. I boot it up while holding (X) and the power button. The ! mark pops up but just sits there, I don't know if I have to press something else to get into clock work or if my phone is BRICKED. If it is what's the best fix? Please help!

bullswife98

Reaction score
What phone did you root?

Edit: Never mind I misread your post sorry, I don't know anything abt that phone but I'm sure some1 here knows I have droid1 and only know that type.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Krispyk

Reaction score
Once u see the exclaimation mark... press the magnifying button next to the "@" symbol on the keyboard to get into the recovery menu... from there u can restore to factory, but i had issues after doing that so might wanna try all possible solutions or check with a pro before doing that.

CellZealot

Reaction score
You tried to load a D2 ROM on a D2Global which is why your phone is hosed.

You will probably need to flash with the 2.4.29 SBF that has been released.