can't get into bootloader/sleep button not working?

ricky82g

Reaction score
well it all started when i flashed liberty rom a couple of week ago, i ran that for a couple of weeks installed a new theme and everything was going great, then i felt like i wanted to go back to gummyjar so i then wiped data and all that, installed gummyjar from zip and everything was great except when i would boot my phone up i would see the word liberty and then it would go to gummyjar logo? i didn't think much of it because it all was working fine until i started messing around with fission rom manager and installed black market theme, but that worked great then i installed the gb theme and thats when the sleep button stopped working, so i decided i was going to sbf back to stock which i had success with in the past but now i can't get into bootloader i know how to do it, it is just not working. when i do try to go into it i get a blank screen for awhile then i get a alert: fault detected. please unplug all cables from device, remove and reinsert battery before powering on your phone with the liberty logo in the backround. my phone will boot fine i can get into clockwork recovery and restore a backup which i know is good but all the same issues. im all out of ideas.

sorry i know that was long thanks

newk8600

Reaction score
Are you using the stock charger? that might have something to do with it. That's an error I've never heard about before.

OP
R

ricky82g

Reaction score
Well at the time I didn't have any cords plugged up to it as I was trying to get into the bootloader. Let me ask another question if you flash liberty rom can't it be totally wiped and another rom flashed over it? Because that's what I did with gummyjar and it made me wonder because it still had the liberty logo before it boots

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

newk8600

Reaction score
Usually that's the way it works but sometimes small parts of the previous rom stick around for no reason even after many sbf's. It happens to the best of us.

But unless you didn't flash the right sbf your bootloader should be intact. I'll have to find it but you might have to flash the bootloader. The files were floating around a little while back somewhere.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
R

ricky82g

Reaction score
Im pretty sure I got the right sbf I've used it plenty of times. So there is a way to flash a new bootloader? I never knew you could do that. So that would be the way to fix it huh is to flash a new bootloader? And sbf back to stock and so on. Im going to have to do some searching on that.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums