I hope I didnt kill it!!!

jimisbell

Reaction score
I just tried to load GummyJar and now my phone is boot looping with first the Rummy logo then the GummyJar logo. It is circling clockwise threough the four droids then dims then blinks the title GummyJar then circles first slow then fast around the droids and then repeats each time slightly different.

Using the normal boot loop recovery of pulling the battery, rebooting while holding the home button down and then wiping data and cashe and thern rebooting doesnt work either.

Do I now have a brick????

palindrome

Reaction score
Hopefully you made a backup. Go back to recovery and wipe your cache and data. Then install your backup

X

Bigbootyman

Reaction score
Sbf

I believe that you are going to have to SBF your phone, using RSD Lite. Search the forums for instructions and make sure to use the correct version of the SBF file. Hope this helps and good luck.

OP
jimisbell

jimisbell

Reaction score
I got it running by just repeatedly wiping everything.

Its going to take some getting used to. I really liked Rummy 16. I like the camera feature where I can switch from video to still, BUT it doesnt work. It keeps shutting down and I have to restart it. I think it may be because it is trying to download pictures off the internet and I dont have a good connection. The camera and the gallery should be dissasociated from each other and there should be a way to use the gallery without the internet connection using the onboard pictures. Also the vidieos wont play. So far I have only played with the camera and gallery.

But I am up and running and as soon as I reload all my apps, isn't there a way to change roms without loosing all the apps?, I will be a happy camper....until the next best ROM comes along....

CD95YJ

Reaction score
Ok, first off your not going to have to sbf at this point.

How did you go about installing gummyjar?
The normal process should be:

Reboot into recovery
Mount the system
Wipe cache
Wipe date/factory reset
Install gummyjar zip from your SD card
When installation finishes reboot phone.

Now if you can get back into recovery you can flash your backup.

Mount the system
Wipe data / cache
Go to backup & restore
Restore your nandroid

You can also try reflashing gummyjar again following the installation instructions above

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
jimisbell

jimisbell

Reaction score
Yes, by the "normal" process.

BUT when I go into the recovery menu there was an option to wipe data, or wipe cashe, or reboot the system and the fourth one about the SD card that I didnt try. I could not find the one about reloading the system. But as I said, a repeated wiping of the data did the job.

One thing I didnt realize with the new recovery menu was that there was a touch sensitive bar at the bottom to make it go. I was trying to use the camera button like it used to be and nothing was happening.

But even when I noticed the bar at the bottom I thought it referred to the four buttons at the bottom so I tried those. When I finally figured out that the bar itself was touch sensitive I think that was when I got a good "wipe" for the first time.

Then it booted just fine.

CD95YJ

Reaction score
Please tell me you didn't flash gummyjar using rom manager.

CD95YJ

Reaction score
K, you threw me with the not knowing how to find the rom on your SD card.

I think if you keep having problems you should restore to a backup then redownload and reinstall gummyjar

OP
jimisbell

jimisbell

Reaction score
I could find the ROM on the sd card, it was just the recovery screen that came up when using the "Home"/"restart" method was completely different from the screen I used to get that was executed with the camera shutter button. The new one has a pressure sensitive green bar at the bottom to execute.

And the menu was different as well. It had "reboot system now", "apply SD Card update zip", "wipe data" and "wipe cache" But the option to "install zip from sdcard" was not there"

CD95YJ

Reaction score
It sounds like you booted into the stock recovery. Use the bootstrapper to boot into recovery

OP
jimisbell

jimisbell

Reaction score
You cant do that if you cant boot because the phone is boot looping. The only way out is to use the home/restart which gets you where I got.