Help blocking telemarketing

dgerej

Reaction score
My droid X is getting a few calls a day from 800 numbers and calls out of state. I never had this problem with my old lg ally. Does anyone know how I can prevent this spamming garbage. I cant stand it. A coworker told me I can take my number off a telemarketer list. I have no idea what to do. Thanks

bishoy

Reaction score
https://www.donotcall.gov/

its the national Do-Not-Call registry, It also works to prevent telemarketers from calling your house phone. all you have to do is register your phone number. its free

OP
dgerej

dgerej

Reaction score
Last edited:

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
https://www.donotcall.gov/

its the national Do-Not-Call registry, It also works to prevent telemarketers from calling your house phone. all you have to do is register your phone number. its free

+1

Just add your number to that list and you shouldn't be bothered again. I still get maybe like one call a month from like east coast places that have spanish telemarketing machines....

the website works great, got my cell and home phone on there.

Wish they would block calls around voting time though....

AngryHatter

Reaction score
Be aware that any company with which you have had a monetary exchange is allowed under the guidelines to call you.

Lenagainster

Reaction score
You must be giving out your mobile number to too many businesses. Get a Google Voice number and use that for any business that requires a phone number. You can have your calls forwarded to your mobile number, or go to voicemail, or blocked. The filters you can create in Google Voice are limitless. Google Voice is FREE!

denial1385

Reaction score
blacklist

a more intensive but less intrusive method is blacklisting calls...sometimes this feature is built into some roms, but you can research it either in the market or online...you go thru your call logs or contacts and add phone numbers you want to be blacklisted or ignored...and the Google Voice number idea is great...you can give your friends your real number and your creditors your GV number, but they can still find your real number through other means...also, you can go to spokeo.com and erase your info there....as well as simply changing your number if push comes to shove? Sometimes the DoNotCall does not work...just saying, but I'm no expert. Good luck and happy ignoring! :ph34r:

Brandonovich

Reaction score
I registered my home number on the national do not call list, and it worked for awhile, but I get a lot more calls from charities now, which are exempt from the do not call list. Eventually your number drops off the do not call list, and the regular telemarketers start calling again, and you end up with more people calling you than you started with.

psychicdroid

Reaction score
Your registration never expires as of 2008.

https://www.donotcall.gov/default.aspx

Go there and register your number, or verify your registration. After 31 days you can start filing complaints about them still calling you. Provided you don't have a prior relationship with them.