Help, Am I Bricked?

BalistikBill

Reaction score
I installed Rubix Focused 1.0 and installed a theme at the same time. Now Im stuck in a boot loop and can't figure out how to launch BootStrap Recovery so I can re flash the rom!!!!! HELP!!!

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
did you follow the directions for the rubix rom? does it require a wipe before? can you boot into recovery at all (stock or CW) and wipe from there?

if its bootlooping, then its not a brick. worse comes to worse, you can flash the SBF to get a stock phone.

OP
BalistikBill

BalistikBill

Reaction score
Yes I did the Rom Correct. I had it installed at one time, but I installed a theme and the dialer wasn't working so I did a fresh flash of the rom and didn't reboot then installed the theme and rebooted now I'm stuck at the loop. Where do I go for instructions on flashing sbf?

OP
BalistikBill

BalistikBill

Reaction score
Is this really the only way to do it though? Is there any other way to install that update.zip from Motorola's stock recovery mode?

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
loading the file, connecting the phone, and flashing. that guides just to help someone that doesnt understand it as well as others :)

bigd73

Reaction score
Did you try wiping the cache first? I had to do this and it fixed my problem. Just hold the Home and Power button down when you boot up and hit the search button when the android shows up. There is a wipe cache partition option. Also if you have clockwork installed and you want to get it to boot up, just go into the stock recovery and reboot the phone. It should then load the clockwork recovery menu. At least it does on my phone.

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
I installed Rubix Focused 1.0 and installed a theme at the same time. Now Im stuck in a boot loop and can't figure out how to launch BootStrap Recovery so I can re flash the rom!!!!! HELP!!!

It does sound like you will have to flash sbf in this case. I did a lot of research before installing the blurry version of rubiX. What I found along the way was that there are very few themes that will go with the Focused 1.0 and you will most likey be bricked if your not careful.

Good luck and follow instructions.

Porterhouse0

Reaction score
did you follow the directions for the rubix rom? does it require a wipe before? can you boot into recovery at all (stock or CW) and wipe from there?

if its bootlooping, then its not a brick. worse comes to worse, you can flash the SBF to get a stock phone.

in case anything ever happens to my phone...can u please send me a link to the instructions for installing the SBF. all i can find is the necessary files. but no instructions.

OP
BalistikBill

BalistikBill

Reaction score
I tried to flash it once it sakid itw as doing the SW Update In Progress.... Then when it was complete I tried to boot the phone and it went back into the bootload screen and won't load. Any thoughts?

boostedhonda

Reaction score
Your definitely not bricked, I've actually yet to hear of a bricked droid. Just flash back to stock with rsdlite and try again.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App