DX Recovery stuck on Motorola Logo

rmaddx43

Reaction score
First of all im pretty new at this but I was able to grasp some things using Rom Manager i was able to install a few roms successfully.. As i was experimenting I decided to try to install Rubix focused1.0. I didn't see the actual .zip for the rom when I rebooted in recovery all i saw were the patches for keyboard and camera I wasn't sure what to do so i installed the patches then looked for the rubix focused..could not find it so I went to reboot and now im stuck on the "M" logo. I am able to open in recovery i tried to apply sdcard:update.zip and gotfailed to verify whole-file signature signature verification failed installation aborted. I also did wipe data/factory reset and still stuck at "M" logo.. whats the easiest way to get the phone to reboot properly? Please help! Thanks

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
Go to the home page of this forum and type in the search "unbrick my droid x." Tons of threads. Once I get to my computer I will try to help.

c]=[k(V)8's Droid X Tapatalk

OP
R

rmaddx43

Reaction score
Thank you im trying to figure this out not having too much luck...i've gone to RootzWiki.com but im not really understanding this process. i would appreciate any help im getting a bit scared..

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well don't freak out. Almost anything can be recovered. Your gonna have to look into flashing sbf. Make sure you look into right files before you try it. Like I said when I get to a computer I will get you links.

c]=[k(V)8's Droid X Tapatalk

jaben2

Reaction score
It happens to me sometimes. All I do some battery pulls. usually after 2 or 3 times it goes to recovery
If not then go the SBF route. That isn't that difficult to do either. I did mine a few times that way to get back to a fresh install.
Good Luck.

OP
R

rmaddx43

Reaction score
sorry had to take a break im back at it but now it seems that my battery is dead is there any way to get a charge other than the way i read on RootzWiki.com splitting a usb cord? i don't have an extra laying around.. also yes I am running 2.2 OTA I did over a dozen battery pulls because i was having this issue a few days ago but only running reboot from rom manager, If I pulled the batter start up was successful but this is a diffent story i guess. before my battery died i was able to boot in recovery mode if that makes a difference

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
if the battery low, you need to find a way to charge it. someone you know have a DX? or take it into best buy or VZW and nicely ask them to.

you cant flash anything without a charged battery.

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
sorry had to take a break im back at it but now it seems that my battery is dead is there any way to get a charge other than the way i read on RootzWiki.com splitting a usb cord? i don't have an extra laying around.. also yes I am running 2.2 OTA I did over a dozen battery pulls because i was having this issue a few days ago but only running reboot from rom manager, If I pulled the batter start up was successful but this is a diffent story i guess. before my battery died i was able to boot in recovery mode if that makes a difference

I don't know what to do about the battery issue. I haven't read anything on splitting the cable.

And did you make a nandroid backup before trying to install this ROM? So you were getting stuck at the /\/\ before the attempt at flashing the ROM? Cause that was a know issue for some after the Official 2.2 OTA. That's what happened to me and they sent me a new one.

Abe is right you have to find a way to charge it other than cutting up your cord. If your gonna spend the money for another charger you could buy a extended battery instead.

Last edited:
OP
R

rmaddx43

Reaction score
chkmate - I went to the link but its telling me to i turn on debugging and switch to PC mode how can i proceed if i can't boot? can you get to to those settings by holding camera, descending volume and power? Last time it tried to boot like that it says battery too low for programing.. or something like that...any suggestions? I am very confused

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
YOU CANT SBF WITH A LOW BATTERY READING!

sorry. had to make a point.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
lol 30 minutes is a long time? you should still be able to use RSD even without being in usb debugging