Help 4 a noobie with an X

ytsud

Reaction score
I'm hoping to talk with a member very well versed in the arts of programing for the Moto Droid X. I have spent days reading and downloading SBF, RSD, etc. But as I read the procedures and try to actually do the actions, things aren't there that should be, and downloaded programs seem to be slightly different then the poster quoted, and I can't afford to just buy another DroidX so I'm not going to try it on my own. I would like to find a known qualified programer in my, or near my area 44654 in Ohio, or, a trusted programer to ship it to so I can have my phone restored to a stock 2.1, so it will except the 2.2 OTA update. I am now running 2.1, with Easyroot, Launcher Pro, Rom Manager,Superuser,Titanium Backup,Terminal Emulator,Universal Androot, drocap2, busybox, root explorer, and Droidx bootstrap installed. I did not remove any bloatware that I remember. I have uninstalled Launcher Pro because I did not know if 2.2 would except it, I told the "root" programs to "unroot", I went into setup, and did a factory reset, and after all that, the 2.2 gets to about 30% unloading, stops and an exclamation mark shows up and it reboots to a "normal" stock looking 2.1 system, and an error message tells me the "update failed" What I want to do is update to the OTA 2.2, then, add root, launcher, etc whenever it becomes available for 2.2 Any one there to bail me out? Thanx. Ytsud......

Since this post, I have been very lucky to find the correct guides and directions from some really great people. I now have my X running OTA 2.2, rooted, deodexed and running a new theme with the added benefit of Launcher Pro. Thanx to all who share their success with others.

Last edited:

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
:welcome: to the Forum, we have quite a few Xperts here, I am sure they will be able to answer all of your questions...in the meantime check out the Droid X Section and one of our many sister Forums the http://www.droidxforums.com/index.php

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
what do you want to do with all of that stuff like RSDlite? you can flash back to stock 2.1 with the correct SBF (named the_gift) and then proceed to update to 2.2 and not worry about having problems dl'ing it.

OP
Y

ytsud

Reaction score
That's just what I want to do. I downloaded The Gift, but I couldn't get it clear in my head step by step, and not willing to take the chance in bricking my phone, I just gave up. I want to find someone that has done it a few times and let them do it. From what I read, the 2.2 update will enhance the operation of the X so much, I won't really miss the root and so on anyway. If I can get back to 2.1 stock, install the 2.2 OTA update with no problems, I'll gladly wait to see if Birdman or whoever comes up with hacks that will really make a difference in the 2.2 But I need to get back to stock and do the update now. Thanx for your reply. If you can help it would be great. If not, I understand, I just don't want to get into this phone and ruin it because I don't have the ability to understand programing and terms.

liferefugee

Reaction score
The directions you want are pretty clear in the thread "unbricking your droid" the only step missing is that you will need to reprogram your phone by dialing *228. Feel free to message me if you have any questions on any of the steps.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk