Hello from me--Letty

Letty

Reaction score
Hello, I hope I'm starting this correctly. I consider myself computer literate, but getting a smart phone (motorola droid) for the first time has been a very humbling experience--though I love it! I feel like I need to learn a whole new tech language and sometimes I'm afraid to touch things thinking I'll erase all the memory on my phone or some such horrible thing. But it's fun learning and this forum has been a lot of help. So I decided to actually register.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Glad you decided to finally register Letty.....

welcome aboard

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hello, I hope I'm starting this correctly. I consider myself computer literate, but getting a smart phone (motorola droid) for the first time has been a very humbling experience--though I love it! I feel like I need to learn a whole new tech language and sometimes I'm afraid to touch things thinking I'll erase all the memory on my phone or some such horrible thing. But it's fun learning and this forum has been a lot of help. So I decided to actually register.

Welcome, Leffty! You are correct that if this is your first smart phone it can be overwhelming. The good news, you have entered an excellent resource for gaining knowledge about your phone.

Take your time. If your unsure search the forum then post a question.

Someone will help.

Mike

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Welcome to the forum, Letty! Glad you decided to quit lurking and come on in! The learning curve is not so much the phone as it is the OS. You have to unlearn some of the things you were used to in the past, depending on what phone you transitioned from. But once you get the hang of it, it is just an amazing little machine! Just look around and read the threads - especially the stickies. You'll learn a lot just from that. If you get stuck, just let someone know... Have fun with that new toy!

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Welcome, Leffty! You are correct that if this is your first smart phone it can be overwhelming. The good news, you have entered an excellent resource for gaining knowledge about your phone.

Someone will help.

Mike

PSSSSSST! Mike! The OP's name is Letty....

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Perfectly stated!! You'll be fine.

Welcome aboard and enjoy. There are some terribly smart and friendly people here.

OP
L

Letty

Reaction score
Thanks for the warm welcome

You ARE a friendly bunch! I feel better about my Droid already. Thanks for your warm welcomes.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score

Someone will help.

Mike

PSSSSSST! Mike! The OP's name is Letty....

Yea I saw that after I clicked submit. I'm helping someone root and reading the forum at the same time. I guess I can't walk and chew gum at the same time any longer.

Sorry for the misspelling, Letty:)

Mike

OP
L

Letty

Reaction score
You made me chuckle because you aren't the first to do that. There must be something about the way my name looks at quick glance. :)

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
You made me chuckle because you aren't the first to do that. There must be something about the way my name looks at quick glance. :)

You are kind. You must have remembered the advice about being nice to old people:)

As soon as I realized I made a mistake, I knew Anne would :icon_ poke: me
:):)

Mike