Headphone Jack broke

AloneFX

Reaction score
So about a week ago a rooted my DROID RAZR and added the eclipse custom rom than something happened where it wouldn't turn on. I thought it was bricked and i tried charging it etc. But when i went to the store all they did was plug it in to charge and it turned on. So i restored my RAZR to right when it was rooted without any custom roms. Now for some reason when i plug in a headset jack it doesn't work. I tried different music apps and looked online and found nothing to help. Any ideas?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
As others have discovered, it may be that there is a piece of lint in the jack. Sally had a great solution to the same problem. Can't remember exactly what it was but have heard others use compressed air to carefully (very carefully) blow it out. Whatever you do, be delicate and careful not to damage it further.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

OP
A

AloneFX

Reaction score
Thanks man, I will be trying this when i get home and will tell you if it seemed to work or not

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Found it... SallyC's husband used a fine drill bit and carefully twirled the lint out of the jack.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Found it... SallyC's husband used a fine drill bit and carefully twirled the lint out of the jack.

Right. It was a very fine dill bit, a good bit narrower than the headphone plug. Also, I wouldn't recommend compressed air on this case. It might actually blow the lint onto the phone casing instead.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk with speech to text translation. Please excuse any minor grammatical/punctuation/spelling errors.

SallyC

Reaction score
Thanks, TisMyDroid, for finding that for the OP. Worked like a charm for me - hope it does for AloneFX.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Your welcome. I hope it works also. Couldn't have done it without you (and your excellent advice & trouble shooting skills), lol!