audio jack broke?

outfieldslayer

Reaction score
A few months ago it wasn't working at all so I read forums and found that there was pocket lint in it, used a paperclip to get it out. Now a month ago I noticed strange sounds being created but only through my razors audio jack. Is it possible I damaged the jack with the paperclip? Any fix suggestions?

SallyC

Reaction score
My husband used a fine drill bit and carefully twirled it to grab the lint in mine. He was concerned the paperclip would damage the fine connections.

If they are damaged I don't know of a fix.

Nyteravyn

Reaction score
Curious, had you not thought to just use canned air to blow it out? Cut in and down to the end from about 1/2 inch (of the red extension tube attachment) to allow air in and lint out...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

SallyC

Reaction score
Curious, had you not thought to just use canned air to blow it out? Cut in and down to the end from about 1/2 inch (of the red extension tube attachment) to allow air in and lint out...

He tried can air, but it didn't work. Extraction was the problem and the drill bit catches on the fuzz.

OP
O

outfieldslayer

Reaction score
I can get a good sound after messing with it so i guess i scratched an internal post with the clip...bummer wish i could fix it somehow