Having issues all of a sudden?

Tracey4

Reaction score
I'm having some issues recently that i haven't had before. I haven't downloaded any apps lately. First is that i have had my phone freeze and reboot about 2 to 3 times a day. It happens when i turn the screen on and then pull down the notification bar without unlocking, or if my phone is just being awakened for any reason, like because the alarm is going off. I disabled all my battery saver Smart Actions and haven't had reboots since. But i never had this issue with Smart Actions before so did something change?

Another issue: i keep disabling Google play movies and books over and over and they keep enabling themselves again! It is so frustrating! The reason i know is because i keep getting a notification to update them. Then i will go to installed apps and there they are on the regular list, not disabled! I will disable, they will move to the bottom of the list, and a few days later there they are on the regular list again. Advice?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Hello... first, I get the same thing with Google books and movies.. it drives me nuts.. the only option is to root and freeze using tibu.

As far as your issue with the freezing.. I haven't had an update for smart actions in a while. Try this...

Manage apps, all, smart actions fw, clear data.

Now smart actions, clear cache, clear data and force stop.

Press and hold volume down, and power..

When the device reboots, set up your smart actions again...

This should fix the issue.

Are you getting any kind of other errors?? Like media or anything?

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
One minor correction 94lt1 ... they can't be frozen with TiBu either, they defrost themselves. The only way to do it is to change the name of the .apk by adding .bak to the end of the file name ... and yes it requires root. :)

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Ahh. So its bloat that can't be dealt with unless you rename the apk. Hmm. Stupid... IMHO. Thanx Matty.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Wow... that's annoying to say the least. Good to know.. Thanx man :)

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
In my research I read that if you tried to get a movie from Google Play Movies, it would give you an error and say "your movie cannot be viewed because your device is rooted" ... but I also read that they slacked up on that policy and rooted phone can now get movies and books. I wonder if that's why they can't be frozen? Hmmmmm :blink:

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Sounds like a good reason... I wonder if they could be frozen if you froze the play store... not that you'd want to.. but ya never know :)

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I don't know ... I just changed the .apk and was done with it LOL :icon_ devil:

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I can understand that :) lol

OP
T

Tracey4

Reaction score
No other errors. But another thing-sometimes Swype will stop showing word choices at the top of the keyboard. Only fix i know of is clearing Swype data. As far as the Google play thing, it's weird because it never did this until the past couple weeks.

OP
T

Tracey4

Reaction score
Oh another error i forgot, the stock browser will often say no network found when it says i have 4g. It forces me to exit the browser and then i open again and it works. Annoying!

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Mine does the play thing when it wants to.

I've been having keyboard issues with swype too. Its terrible... I'm really fast typing.. swype makes me fast at typoing.. and multi touch isn't much better.. I'm doomed.

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Oh another error i forgot, the stock browser will often say no network found when it says i have 4g. It forces me to exit the browser and then i open again and it works. Annoying!

You might try Google Chrome ... it's much better than the stock browser. :)

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2

Do you have smart actions enabled?? Or are you using something like juice defender??!