Having An Issue With 2.1 - Come In Here

fgw

Reaction score
Need Help - Helix Launcher has gone crazy

I'm using 2.1 Everything was going great. Was changing some apps in Helix. It keeps bringing up the Force Close window - I touch force close - and the box immediately pops up again. I can't access anything. I tried shutting down and restarting my phone.

Help! I can't do anything with my phone.

Daybreak

Reaction score
Howdy,

Google Earth for Android 2.1 and higher
under market, search "earth" it should be right there at the top. install it with your Droid running 2.1. works great.

Battery Life = it seems the battery life is better than before. I have been heavily using my droid all day. The battery is lasting longer than it even did before. :)

dieselpowered

Reaction score
Howdy,

Google Earth for Android 2.1 and higher
under market, search "earth" it should be right there at the top. install it with your Droid running 2.1. works great.

Battery Life = it seems the battery life is better than before. I have been heavily using my droid all day. The battery is lasting longer than it even did before. :)
Hmmm interesting my friend, there is no Google Earth in the MP that I can see....could I be blind, sure...but I am not seeing it. You sure you are referring to earth and not maps?

Vitticeps

Reaction score
I have google earth in my marketplace. Either way I search for it; "google earth" or just "earth". It shows fine for me.

I've never installed it before if that matters.

Maybe you should try "Topeka Earth". ;)

dieselbmw

Reaction score
I did the manual update. Everything was very easy to do and I did it all without even plugging my phone into the computer. The live wall papers def slow down the app menu. The browser multitouch zooms smooth. However, the new gallery is much better although all of my pictures AND videos are just under camera. I cannot seem to find a way to have them in a separate folder. With the old layout they were separated and I liked that better. Does anyone know of a way to do this.
Also in the browser when pinch and zooming in the text does not automatically wrap to fit. I have to zoom then double tap to get the text to wrap. When and pinch and zoom outward the text DOES auto wrap to fit the screen. Kind of strange huh? Does anyone else experience these problems??

Other than that everything else seems fine to me. The new music player layout is a little bit better too.

And another note...Does the navigation automatically switch to night mode at night depending on the time?

ksharpl3

Reaction score
I did the manual update yesterday and have noticed a couple things, when on the home screen i can not get the orientation to change unless i pull out the keyboard, also the keyboard backlighting seems to flake out, cut on cut off.Anyone else havin this issue?

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Google Earth is showing up for some and not for others. Very strange.

I've searched "Earth" "Google" "Google Earth" and it yielded no returns.

I don't want the app but find this rather odd.

mjp81

Reaction score
Google Earth is showing up for some and not for others. Very strange.

I've searched "Earth" "Google" "Google Earth" and it yielded no returns.

I don't want the app but find this rather odd.

Indeed. If there's any other Android experts or Google employees you know, you may want to alert them about this.

jslap1

Reaction score
No one else is pissed off that the stupid camera still sucks? I've compared the droids camera to several other cell phones and several that are over a year older with less megapixels all work better in low light than the droid does. The droid camera is amazing in good light, but it is absolutely terrible in low light.

I'd really like a different way of powering on my screen than having to open the worthless physical keyboard - which, I should add, is starting to get slightly jammed probably due to dust/lint.

The fact that I still can't view my home screen in landscape is pretty irritating and I don't understand why this hasn't been fixed yet. If it can be displayed in landscape with the physical keyboard open, why can't it be displayed the same way closed?0

Why is my droid still randomly not showing certain contacts? Several people I don't call often, or perhaps at all on this phone so far, mysteriously disappeared from my contacts list. I'm not talking about how for whatever idiotic reason the phone puts people you call frequently on a list of their own and removes them from the list of the rest of your numbers. The phone literally has amnesia or something, because one of my contacts came back after I realized it was missing. I called the number and after I called it, I didn't have to put the contact info back in.

There's so many little flaws that should have been fixed by now. Even if it means we go to moto/google/verizon website and manually install updates, some sort of fix should have been released to make this thing run smoother rather than add some bull**** eye candy.

Last edited:

Vitticeps

Reaction score
I did the manual update yesterday and have noticed a couple things, when on the home screen i can not get the orientation to change unless i pull out the keyboard, also the keyboard backlighting seems to flake out, cut on cut off.Anyone else havin this issue?

The home screen has NEVER rotated on any stock ROM version without pulling out the keyboard. People seem to think it did but it never did unless you rooted and downloaded a custom ROM.

The backlight issue is related to having auto-brightness turned on. I haven't played with it much, I rarely use the physical keyboard.

jslap1

Reaction score
The flash is on and the pictures still come out grainy, unless you are using the flash very close to whatever you're taking a picture of (within several feet). In low light, even the display is darker than it should be - in fact I have some pictures inside my friends basement. 3-4 other people had phones that could take clear photos and could actually see what they were taking a picture of.

713King

Reaction score
i think the manual update is not the right path to go when it comes to this things maybe the updated version was messed up or something, why not reset it to 2.0.1 and wait for the update to pop up and see if you still get the same problems? specially with not being able to find google earth

Getaphixx

Reaction score
i think the manual update is not the right path to go when it comes to this things maybe the updated version was messed up or something, why not reset it to 2.0.1 and wait for the update to pop up and see if you still get the same problems? specially with not being able to find google earth

It's pulled DIRECTLY from "Google's servers"... There is gonna be NO difference from the manual update to the OTA.. It's the same data... lol

This is why they only released it to 1000 phones in the first place..

Then 200k

It's called bugs.. And when you take into account ALL the phones that were previously rooted and then updated the picture becomes clearer..

As for those that didn't root and have problems I'm sure there's an explanation for it..And I'm sure there are thousands of different bugs these non rooted people will be having..

2.1-Update1 says it all for me..

It's like ANY major update on ANY platform or video game.. Release the big one.. Wait.. Release updates.. Apple does this, Microsoft does this, Gaming companies do this.. Google does this..