have you been running the jelly bean leak vrbkl1? how stable is it?

jwilly216

Reaction score
Stock galaxy s3 ics is very clear to flawless so I can't decide whether or not to update to the vrbkl1 leak. I really want Google now. Have any of you been running the leak? How stable is it compared to stock ics?

OP
jwilly216

jwilly216

Reaction score
I have Odin open on my laptop with the leak ready to be pushed but I just love my s3 so much the way it is, I don't wanna lessen its performance just for Google now/project butter. Plus I use FoxFi every single day and I heard it might not be compatible. I guess then I'd have to root and use wireless tether...
I've rooted/Rom'ed/overclocked all of my phones since my original droid and the s3 is the first one that is so freaking awesome I don't even want to hack it. But hacking is of my nature

Wiscottsin

Reaction score
I have been running it for roughly a week now and have had No problems at all.... NONE. Got It from the Drippler Galaxy S3 post dated 11-19-12, titled Leaked JB 4.1.1 for Verizon SCH-I535 only. And it does not show up on the VZW binary counter and it is pre-rooted. So, if you are currently rooted you dp not have to flash stock rom. I got it flashed and running in less than 8 minutes.

OP
jwilly216

jwilly216

Reaction score
Thanks. You're making me want to do it again.... I assume that leak is the same vrbkl1 leak I downloaded earlier
Absolutely no bugs, huh? Man that sounds nice. Google now, project butter, No more checking everyday for an ota date

OP
jwilly216

jwilly216

Reaction score
If you flash the leak then when the ota is released, you wouldn't be able to receive it without doing it manually with Odin, correct?

OP
jwilly216

jwilly216

Reaction score
When I was in the bionic forums or the original droid,I would've gotten like 5 pages of help so far. Will you please give your input? I mean this is the latest jelly bean leak for Pete's sake. If you s3 owners don't care about this, then what do you care about? A bunch of you must be running the latest leak. I think it's about time to leave droid forums. It's been hopeless ever since samuri got chased away and he was one of the smartest hackers here

GoBears

Reaction score
When I was in the bionic forums or the original droid,I would've gotten like 5 pages of help so far. Will you please give your input? I mean this is the latest jelly bean leak for Pete's sake. If you s3 owners don't care about this, then what do you care about? A bunch of you must be running the latest leak. I think it's about time to leave droid forums. It's been hopeless ever since samuri got chased away and he was one of the smartest hackers here

What is it you want to know? Stop whining and flash it. How are we supposed to know what YOU will like? I absolutely love JellyBean and would never go back to ICS but that's just me. I haven't gotten foxfi to work on any JB rom yet, other than that you just have to flash it and try it. You can always go back. That's the beauty of an unlocked bootloader vs the locked down motorola crap. It's whiny posts like these that make me not even want to visit DF anymore.

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Plz don't go, how will we ever make it w/o you!!!:D

steeletown

Reaction score
I'm running the leak and I have absolutely zero issues with it. It's running flawlessly.

DroidBoardr

Reaction score
Holding out on flashing, hoping for a FoxFi fix before i take the leap. I even considering denying the OTA, if it ever arrives. Really diggin the free wifi hotspot. If anyone can get it to work please post.

steeletown

Reaction score
FOX Fi works fine for me. I know others have had problems with it working.

OP
jwilly216

jwilly216

Reaction score
I just want to say I decided to flash the leak and it's awesome there is absolutely nothing wrong with it Google now is bad ass... Project butter is actually very noticeable... Fox fi still works like a charm.. My quadrant score is now over 6000... Plus all the new features are really cool

DroidBoardr

Reaction score
FOX Fi works fine for me. I know others have had problems with it working.
that is interesting. I wonder if it is because it is a leak, and not the official OTA that foxfi is working. now I am reconsidering taking the leap. Have you noticed any difference in battery performance with this leak?