Has anyone tried Viper SmartStart?

barski

Reaction score
Viper Smart Start

Has anyone tried this or a similar product?
I'm considering this but just wondering if its worth my time and money.

MADDMOE

Reaction score
whats up

Yes i have the Viper smart start vss-3000 installed in my 2009 Hyundai genesis 4.6 V8 (push button start) & im using it with my verizon Droid X ( Droid Does ) . Now when it does get a signal it works great but there are times & im not talking about just a few ( more like alot ) that i get a error message saying that the signal didnt go through & thats when im in a 3G service area, i also called tech support up & of course their answer was that the service was running slow and would be back up soon to running like it should , so i said ok a couple of days later i run across the same problem. But like i said when it does work it great. Starts my car, cuts it off, open & close my doors , activates the horn. I choose not to have the trunk release feature hooked up. Hopes this helps you out & good luck

plumcrazy

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i like the name and gonna look into this

MADDMOE

Reaction score
overall its a great addition to my car now that the weather is in the 30's going down to the 20's tonight & since i work nights and get off 730am believe me i love the fact that my car is warm when i get in it and no matter how far i am from my car it will start it up for me

tarheel23

Reaction score
Ditto for me. As long as you have a decent 3g signal it's absolutely great. I've wanted it for a long time and finally had it installed about a month ago. It's working as I expected it to and glad I have it now.