Have 'Andy' Remote Start You Car or Activate Home Alarm

geoff5093

Reaction score
I'm assuming you still have the RF remote as well? I can just picture you being in the middle of nowhere and requiring you to use the app to unlock/lock.

Big Ry

Reaction score
$3/month?

I had a Viper XV790 alarm + remote start on my 98 Blazer back when I had it and there was no monthly fee. Or is this fee for the app? There was no Android back when I had the Blazer lol.

And DroidDOES, are those $169 remote starts Viper brand? I have an alarm on my Accord, but I kinda miss my remote start :( I heard that you cant get remote starters on manual trannies though, this true?

stabl4life82

Reaction score
yeah remote starts arent expensive...it is when u get the alarms with locks and trunk etc added is where it starts adding up altogether..he in sc it is at the most 169 for remote start at a shop i go to

Badboyztn

Reaction score
I don't think it is $3/month... I think the ad is saying 1 year for $49 or 3 years for $99 (which equates to less than $3/month) I could be wrong but that's the way I understood it.

droidilac

Reaction score
People buy these $600 (retail price) phones and complain about a $.99 app or a $3 subscription. DUH?!

I would LOVE to be able to have my car sync up to my phone. What I'd like even more than a car stater would be for it to sync up with the car's computer so I could keep tabs on maintenance info (like if there's a problem with a part in the car or something).

oh but it can.... sort of... check out the torque app and/or OBDroid or OBD droid i forgot the name of the second app lol....

And DroidDOES, are those $169 remote starts Viper brand? I have an alarm on my Accord, but I kinda miss my remote start I heard that you cant get remote starters on manual trannies though, this true?

Its possible but the shops and alarm manufacturers are against it cause of people trying to start the car while its in gear....

yeah remote starts arent expensive...it is when u get the alarms with locks and trunk etc added is where it starts adding up altogether..he in sc it is at the most 169 for remote start at a shop i go to

When Clifford brought out the Aventgaurd 4 I had it installed in one of my cars. It had all the bells and whistles. Remote start, auto lighting, auto wipers, tilt sensors, when I turned on the alarm the windows rolled up and the sunroof closed. I could also open them if I wanted. It also had an aux port for the airbags. When activated it released the air and slammed the car to the floor... LoL I wish I had that now but controlled through my Droid lol

azules9780

Reaction score
One of my friends from work has this on his '09 Civic Si. He says it is great and he has the automatic kit ran on his stick shift car. You just bypass the clutch sensor and make sure you leave the car in neutral and it works great. Conversely, they have a kit for a stick shift car that cost more and you have to do some kind of ridiculous combination of **** before you get out of the car to make it work. It goes something like this, turn car off, turn car immediately back on, pull e-brake, flip your left blinker on, then off, then right blinker on, then off, put car in neutral, get out of car, lock door with remote, shut off car with remote.

*mod edit* that mess! Automatic kit, bypass safety switch, don't be a retard, set e-brake and leave car in neutral. Come out next morning and hit the button, drive away. You did nothing different there that you should be doing with a stcik shift car anyway and you saved money to boot!

Last edited by a moderator:

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
granted the key ring I have starts my remote starter fine, but it'd be cool to start with my Droid... however I don't have a Viper, at least I don't think it is.... I'd better check.

Big Ry

Reaction score
Its possible but the shops and alarm manufacturers are against it cause of people trying to start the car while its in gear....
Youd think there'd be some kind of protection for that. The XV790 had protection for the wipers turning on. That was awesome, cause many times when its snowing Id leave my wipers on when I turned off the car. Then I'd remote start in the morning, and the wipers wouldnt try to rip outta the frozen ice on the windshield. Problem is, I'd frequently forget to check before I put the key in. As soon as the key goes in and into "start" position, its fair game for the wipers :(

Oh, and to whoever said something about the range of remote starting. Something tells me there's probably some sort of device in the car that receives the signal from the phone; I doubt it goes through cell towers. Probably doesn't matter anyway, because the range of aftermarket alarms is insane. My Viper had a range of over a couple hundred yards. I accidentally started my car when I was in the movie theater once :eek:

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Youd think there'd be some kind of protection for that. The XV790 had protection for the wipers turning on. That was awesome, cause many times when its snowing Id leave my wipers on when I turned off the car. Then I'd remote start in the morning, and the wipers wouldnt try to rip outta the frozen ice on the windshield. Problem is, I'd frequently forget to check before I put the key in. As soon as the key goes in and into "start" position, its fair game for the wipers :(

Oh, and to whoever said something about the range of remote starting. Something tells me there's probably some sort of device in the car that receives the signal from the phone; I doubt it goes through cell towers. Probably doesn't matter anyway, because the range of aftermarket alarms is insane. My Viper had a range of over a couple hundred yards. I accidentally started my car when I was in the movie theater once :eek:
I accidentally start mine often, but luckily it auto shuts off after a lil bit (i think it's 15-20 minutes)

Big Ry

Reaction score
One of my friends from work has this on his '09 Civic Si. He says it is great and he has the automatic kit ran on his stick shift car. You just bypass the clutch sensor and make sure you leave the car in neutral and it works great. Conversely, they have a kit for a stick shift car that cost more and you have to do some kind of ridiculous combination of **** before you get out of the car to make it work. It goes something like this, turn car off, turn car immediately back on, pull e-brake, flip your left blinker on, then off, then right blinker on, then off, put car in neutral, get out of car, lock door with remote, shut off car with remote.

*mod edit* that mess! Automatic kit, bypass safety switch, don't be a retard, set e-brake and leave car in neutral. Come out next morning and hit the button, drive away. You did nothing different there that you should be doing with a stcik shift car anyway and you saved money to boot!
Call me a moron for not being able to pick this up over the internet, but is that grossly exaggerated or are you dead serious?

I always put my car in neutral and use the e-brake, except for when I park for work. Its on a pretty steep hill and I just dont trust the e-brake. So 99.99% of the time I'd be fine. But it just takes that one time when you forget and start the car and it rams itself into a building or, God forbid, a person. It should just NOT START if its in gear. Theres gotta be some kind of sensor for that.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
in a stick shift, the remote starter shouldn't start the car unless it's in neutral. They place a sensor on the shifter to ensure it doesn't lurch forward while in gear.

Any good remote starter will not start a standard while in gear.

Big Ry

Reaction score

I accidentally start mine often, but luckily it auto shuts off after a lil bit (i think it's 15-20 minutes)
Ha yeah I LOVED that feature lol

Another problem was that I had 2 Kicker L7's in a 5 cube box tuned to 38Hz and powered by a continuous 1800W from a USAmps Merlin M2D2...I'd start the car in the morning, hear BOOM BOOM BOOM, and run outside in my boxers real quick to turn it down LOL

Big Ry

Reaction score
in a stick shift, the remote starter shouldn't start the car unless it's in neutral. They place a sensor on the shifter to ensure it doesn't lurch forward while in gear.

This is good news...I may just get one now :D

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score

This is good news...I may just get one now :D

just remember to leave it in neutral! I always left my car in first (when I was driving stick).