Have 'Andy' Remote Start You Car or Activate Home Alarm

Big Ry

Reaction score
in a stick shift, the remote starter shouldn't start the car unless it's in neutral. They place a sensor on the shifter to ensure it doesn't lurch forward while in gear.

Any good remote starter will not start a standard while in gear.
This is good news...I may just get one now :D

just remember to leave it in neutral! I always left my car in first (when I was driving stick).
Well if I left it in first, it just woudnt start, right? Cold car once in a while = OK with me

And if I do get this remote start, Im DEFINITELY getting this app, i dont care if its $3/month...so cool.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
This is good news...I may just get one now :D

just remember to leave it in neutral! I always left my car in first (when I was driving stick).
Well if I left it in first, it just woudnt start, right? Cold car once in a while = OK with me

And if I do get this remote start, Im DEFINITELY getting this app, i dont care if its $3/month...so cool.

yea if it's not in neutral it's not supposed to start (because the sensor to tell when the car is in neutral is not linked. i.e there's one on the stick and one on the case, they have to line up.)

Big Ry

Reaction score

yea if it's not in neutral it's not supposed to start (because the sensor to tell when the car is in neutral is not linked. i.e there's one on the stick and one on the case, they have to line up.)
Ah ok, cool

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Ah ok, cool

once you have a remote starter though, you'll never want to be without one.

Being in New England it's a huge benefit in the winter

azules9780

Reaction score
Umm no. I have a 94 accord that is modified and it will try to start and lunge forward and stall if I start it in gear. My buddies 2004 Mustang will do the same thing. I watched a guy in a pretty new G35 or G37 go to pick up his car after the tire shop put new tires on his car. He tried to start it with it in gear and it jumped on the sidewalk. All of this is of course trying to start while in gear but not pushing the clutch pedal.

Flat ground, hill, no matter what, I always set my brake and leave it in neutral but I still also push the clutch pedal no matter what. It's called a good habit, just like when I get out of my car, I turn off my lights, turn down the stereo and turn my freaking wipers off. It's called using common sense and being accountable. I have never heard of something that turns you wipers off for you. I figured that was easy to remember to do because the freaking things are wiping back in forth in front of you when you go to get out. Automatic lights kind of make sense because you can't always see that they are still on when you get out. But they do have some kind of sound that dings when you try to get out and they're still on. But based on the number of people who I jump off randomly because they're battery is dead, I would assume all of these things are needed because a lot of people lack Situational Awareness. These are the same idiots who sit in the left hand lane doing 68 on cruise control completely unaware that there are 20 cars piled up behind them. But I digress...

And yes, that may not be the exact sequence of events but it something very close and similar and redundant as crap. I for one will be purchasing the automatic one and bypassing the safety measures because I am not worried about my car hitting my house or another car because I failed properly prepare my vehicle for the next trip.

Rant over

Big Ry

Reaction score
And the most amazing person in the world award goes to...AZULES9780!!!!

Congrats on being able to remember to turn your wipers off every single time you get out of your car in the rain!!!!

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Coming in here huffing and puffing will get you no where. We ask that all members show respect to one another.

Anything short of that will not be tolerated.

... and any installer worth their salt installs remote starters in manual transmissions with the neutral sensor.... hack jobs don't count.

azules9780

Reaction score
I'm just saying, who in the heck doesn't do this!?!? Obviously a lot of people if it became part of some system you had put on your car. I didn't know that it was a problem. I didn't realize that common sense was so lacking in America, wait yeah I did. We all see abnormally stupid unobservant people everyday and wonder "how in the hell did they make it this far in life?!?!?!" And then the scary part is, A) they get to vote and B) they get to procreate. It completely rules out Darwin and survival of the fittest.

I guess then it leads me to believe that I took or take things for granted and we as humans, especially American culture do as well.

I don't know, I guess I have had a bad day. Sorry for being an ass.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm just saying, who in the heck doesn't do this!?!? Obviously a lot of people if it became part of some system you had put on your car. I didn't know that it was a problem. I didn't realize that common sense was so lacking in America, wait yeah I did. We all see abnormally stupid unobservant people everyday and wonder "how in the hell did they make it this far in life?!?!?!" And then the scary part is, A) they get to vote and B) they get to procreate. It completely rules out Darwin and survival of the fittest.

I guess then it leads me to believe that I took or take things for granted and we as humans, especially American culture do as well.

I don't know, I guess I have had a bad day. Sorry for being an ass.

I appreciate the apology, and we all have bad days, so don't sweat it.

No hard feelings here... and even if it didn't seem as so... I share some of your thoughts.

Individuals are smart.... but PEOPLE are dumb.

Big Ry

Reaction score
I don't take that as much of an apology. You might want to go look up the definition of "common sense" there einstein, cause youre a bit off. I have more common sense than 99.9% of this nation, but I forget my wipers from time to time. That has absolutely nothing to do with common sense. In fact, its often because I planned to go out again later, but ended up not doing it. believe me when I say that I understand some of your frustration on the road. I grew up in philly..25 years there. I moved to VA for grad school almost 2 years ago...people CANNOT drive in virginia! Its not just some people, its everyone. But just cause I know im a far superior (and much more experienced) driver than everyone here, doesn't mean that I think they necessarily lack common sense.

MNTNBKR

Reaction score
I for one will be purchasing the automatic one and bypassing the safety measures because I am not worried about my car hitting my house or another car because I failed properly prepare my vehicle for the next trip.

Bypassing the safety features is not only ignorant, its illegal. But regardless, even if you think you're perfect, and that your car will never injure someone or cause property damage due to your negligence, you have to consider that the next owner of that vehicle (or your best friend who borrows your car to make a beer run) may not be aware of the bypassed safety features.

While I'm not an "installer" per se, I have installed 4 or 5 remote start systems in various vehicles. The safety measures for the manual trans are not that intrusive anymore. And, based on the "good habits" that you have, you shouldn't notice them at all.

rickyrivera

Reaction score
I don't think it is $3/month... I think the ad is saying 1 year for $49 or 3 years for $99 (which equates to less than $3/month) I could be wrong but that's the way I understood it.

You are correct on the pricing...1 year for $49 or 4 for $99. I took the $99 one as it's a savings of $50 bucks. It works from anywhere, good example I was in Pittsburgh visiting friends and my truck was at home in Rochester, NY. My sister had to get something out of the truck and i unlocked it for her from there. The concept, as i understand it, is that it does work off the cell towers as it has a built in GSM module in it. So theoretically I can be in Serbia and can unlock my truck in the states. Pretty cool remote start...

Big Ry

Reaction score
Well I'll be damned. That is pretty cool...but also pretty scary lol
I don't think it is $3/month... I think the ad is saying 1 year for $49 or 3 years for $99 (which equates to less than $3/month) I could be wrong but that's the way I understood it.

You are correct on the pricing...1 year for $49 or 4 for $99. I took the $99 one as it's a savings of $50 bucks. It works from anywhere, good example I was in Pittsburgh visiting friends and my truck was at home in Rochester, NY. My sister had to get something out of the truck and i unlocked it for her from there. The concept, as i understand it, is that it does work off the cell towers as it has a built in GSM module in it. So theoretically I can be in Serbia and can unlock my truck in the states. Pretty cool remote start...

cpjr

Reaction score
Ive had a Viper remote start/security system on my Suburban since I bought it....and am salivating over getting this :icon_eek: