Hands-On Video With Phaeton's Android-Powered Smartwatch; Only $200 MSRP

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;stRX0URpSkw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=stRX0URpSkw[/video]​

We are a big step closer to a useful and enjoyable to use Android powered smartwatch. In fact, there will be one available this year for only $200 bucks! And, this isn't one of those add-on devices that requires you to synch up with your other Android phone. This is a fully functional Froyo powered smartwatch from Shenzhen Phaeton Nice Electronic High-Tech Manufacturing Co. Ltd.. It currently runs on a MTK6516 chip, but they are working on a 3G-enabled MTK6573 version that will likely run Ice Cream Sandwich in the future. The current design includes a camera, microSD slot, speaker and microphone, and a 2-inch 320×240 capacitive display.

Although this current generation is a bit on the "thick" side, they may be close to one that would make Dick Tracey and James Bond proud! Check out the video above!

Source: Phandroid

Last edited:

combatmedic870

Reaction score
make it 5mm thick with a lithium ion battery and it could be nice....add cm9 to it and you got a winner!

ntrddragn

Reaction score
Not that thick I have a Nixon 5130 and its the same size looking. Pretty cool I would say. 200 is not to bad of a price.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
I can bet we see Woz wearing one of these at some point *LOL* Probably running a Nixie clock app to make it appear all the geekier!

droid_mike

Reaction score
That's pretty sweet! I wonder if the $200 price is the price with a phone plan.

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
That's pretty cool i like this a lot honestly :)

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
We can finally buy the Dick Tracy watch we all wanted when we were kids.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
The one on his wrist looks better to me - something to look forward to Christmas 2012 :big smile: