handcent update just released

cisco0910

Reaction score
First off I wanna give hi appraise to the developer. Him and I been chatting via google talk for a while about two major issues I've been having. Those issues are I get double posts a lot and all my txt threads get mysteriously deleted! After days of of him and I troubleshooting he just IMd me via google talk to update.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am amazed that a dev would take the time to do that. Although I don't have any use for handcent, I won't hesitate to recommend it to others after hearing your story!

OP
cisco0910

cisco0910

Reaction score
Yea, ways of us troubleshooting were he would ask me to use Astro and email him numerous crazy com.Handcent.log... files,settings, etc..

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
updating as well...So should we expect a resolution to the double and triple texts?

OP
cisco0910

cisco0910

Reaction score
well i just got a double and the developer knows about it. he said hess working hard for it to work 100%

GrandMasterB

Reaction score
I LOVE Handcent but after the update today I got a text from my wife and read part of it in the notification, but when I opened up Handcent to finish reading it , it wasnt there. Checked the stock messaging app and it didnt show in there either. So is that Handcent related or the device itself :( ANybody else ever see this?

Royal2000H

Reaction score
That happens a lot if the text is over the standard allowed characters and the text is from another carrier (or through Google Voice)

johfiner

Reaction score
Wow, what a bad ass developer! I love Handcent and haven't experienced the multiple messages or disappearing threads and I've sent & received over 200 messages. My only "complaint" is that the icon and parts of the UI aren't as crisp looking as some other applications, but that's just me being really picky. I'm a very visual person. :)

GrandMasterB

Reaction score
That happens a lot if the text is over the standard allowed characters and the text is from another carrier (or through Google Voice)

Well it was from Verizon but it was about 250 characters. So under those conditions is it Handcent that loses it or the stock app/phone?

OP
cisco0910

cisco0910

Reaction score
Handcent has an option if its over 160 characters it splits it into two or however many it needs to keep it in 160 limit..

billp

Reaction score
I LOVE Handcent but after the update today I got a text from my wife and read part of it in the notification, but when I opened up Handcent to finish reading it , it wasnt there. Checked the stock messaging app and it didnt show in there either. So is that Handcent related or the device itself :( ANybody else ever see this?
If that works for wifes maybe girlfriends too, then I am downloading right now, lol

GrandMasterB

Reaction score
Handcent has an option if its over 160 characters it splits it into two or however many it needs to keep it in 160 limit..

It also has the option to auto convert to MMS when more than 3 sms. But right now I was more concerned with the incoming text disappearing.

If that works for wifes maybe girlfriends too, then I am downloading right now, lol

Never thought of it that way. maybe its not such a bad thing, lol.