Handcent will not download

daxstyles

Reaction score
I had Handcent SMS on my phone previously, but was having issues with double notifications and double notification sounds (different sounds for stock and Handcent). I searched the forums and followed the instructions to correct the issue, which worked until it updated and the issues reappeared, so I decided to uninstall it and wait for another update or two to try it again.

Well, I thought I would install it again today, but I cannot get it to download through neither the Market nor AppBrain. It sits at the install screen with an empty progress bar and only a Cancel download button at the bottom. I have let it sit this way for about 20 minutes now. Any ideas?

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Try hitting cancel download and then immediately downloading again

RoyR80

Reaction score
I had Handcent SMS on my phone previously, but was having issues with double notifications and double notification sounds (different sounds for stock and Handcent). I searched the forums and followed the instructions to correct the issue, which worked until it updated and the issues reappeared, so I decided to uninstall it and wait for another update or two to try it again.

Well, I thought I would install it again today, but I cannot get it to download through neither the Market nor AppBrain. It sits at the install screen with an empty progress bar and only a Cancel download button at the bottom. I have let it sit this way for about 20 minutes now. Any ideas?

Ensure yourself a good strong signal? (wi-fi, if possible)

OP
daxstyles

daxstyles

Reaction score
"Sorry! The application Market (process com.android.vending) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. [Force close] [Report]"

Sent report, then tried to restart download and the empty progress is still there with [Cancel download]. I didn't get to tell it I wanted to install it. Clicking from Market takes me to a nonresponsive progress bar.:icon_evil:

OP
daxstyles

daxstyles

Reaction score
Ensure yourself a good strong signal? (wi-fi, if possible)

Signal shouldn't be an issue. I have installed several other apps today from this spot (at work desk)

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
So your Market is working, just not for Handcent ?

jlittlec5

Reaction score
I had the exact same problem on my phone and my wife's.

I finally got it to work by going into Manage Applications > ALL and clearing the cache and data for the Market and Market Updater apps.

Worked on both phones.

Strange it was only Handcent that did it on both phones.

OP
daxstyles

daxstyles

Reaction score
I had the exact same problem on my phone and my wife's.

I finally got it to work by going into Manage Applications > ALL and clearing the cache and data for the Market and Market Updater apps.

Worked on both phones.

Strange it was only Handcent that did it on both phones.

This worked! Thanks!