handcent update just released

omarhobeika

Reaction score
I wish the popup box on my droid is higher when am typing a reply. Part of the popup box is hidden under the vitural keyboard.

thaid

Reaction score
double messages

when I receive a text message, i get a copy on handsent and the stock messaging application. So I receive 2 notifications. Is this what you mean by double messages? Can I do something to prevent this? thanks

mr.deux

Reaction score
when I receive a text message, i get a copy on handsent and the stock messaging application. So I receive 2 notifications. Is this what you mean by double messages? Can I do something to prevent this? thanks
to stop the double notification you just need to go to the stock app and disable all notifications for it.

as for issues the only one i have had is reciving pic messages. for some reason if i recive them in handcent they won't show but if i exit got to the stock app and view it there i can then go back to handcent and see it just fine

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
as for issues the only one i have had is reciving pic messages. for some reason if i recive them in handcent they won't show but if i exit got to the stock app and view it there i can then go back to handcent and see it just fine

Try setting the stock app from Auto-Retrieving messages...

airborne3e9

Reaction score
Ya...go into the stock messager setting and unselect notifications...this way only handcent notifys u of ur messages

Pikapi

Reaction score
Okay, so perhaps this is a dumb question. But is handcent really *that* much better than the preloaded SMS business? I honestly have no issue with the message layout that came on my droid; in fact, I'd even go so far as to say I rather like it! So I'm wary to download this app. I guess I can always delete it, ha, but ... should I dive in?

(I feel like I shouldn't even ask; the answer will be a resounding "HELL YES!" :D)

allikanbe

Reaction score
Okay, so perhaps this is a dumb question. But is handcent really *that* much better than the preloaded SMS business? I honestly have no issue with the message layout that came on my droid; in fact, I'd even go so far as to say I rather like it! So I'm wary to download this app. I guess I can always delete it, ha, but ... should I dive in?

(I feel like I shouldn't even ask; the answer will be a resounding "HELL YES!" :D)

Correct. Just d/l it and give it a try.

DebDroid

Reaction score
I was just thinking how cool it would be to have a handcent widget in different colors........to match my background. Lol

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Nice thing is, if you download Handcent, it won't affect your stock messaging. You can give it a try, see what features it adds, and if it's for you. If not, then uninstall and no harm done! At least then you'll know what the fuss is over Handcent. :)

tony1208

Reaction score
pic messages or vid mms dont go through in this update grrrrrr they worked in the previous one

Pikapi

Reaction score

Nice thing is, if you download Handcent, it won't affect your stock messaging. You can give it a try, see what features it adds, and if it's for you. If not, then uninstall and no harm done! At least then you'll know what the fuss is over Handcent. :)

Oh thanks. I'll try it out! :D

OP
cisco0910

cisco0910

Reaction score
Tony, the developer gave me a temporary fix. He is aware of the mms problem. the temporary solution is to use a task killer then stop kill handcent app then relaunch handcent. worked for me.again the developer is aware that's an ongoing issue and said he trying to figu re it out