handcent popup fix

olletsocmit

Reaction score
I updated and it still does not work. there is no problem when the screen is already on. the problem is when ur screen is off and you get a message.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I updated and it still does not work. there is no problem when the screen is already on. the problem is when ur screen is off and you get a message.

Not seeing that problem at all.....

Mteersfan

Reaction score

That is the problem that I'm having. I like Handcent, but I uninstalled it. Got to annoying for me. Hope it gets fixed soon, and I'll install it again.

DP03

Reaction score
Just installed this today. First TM was duplicate and I couldn't remove the standard notification up top. Turned the phone off then on. Turned off the notification option in the standard messaging program, and now all is working perfectly. No dupes, and the pop-up in handcent is working whether the screen is on or off.

There is one thing I haven't been able to make work. There are options for the color of the light notification. I chose blue but it's still green. Does our phone not do different colors on the light?

Edit: Lights are working now too :)

olletsocmit

Reaction score
The Problem is with handcent sms. i uninstalled it and reinstalled it. and did the same with swype. Hopefully he comes out wiht an update to fix this asap. who ever was in contact with him, please tell him that people are having problems with this new version. keyboard is covering his popup window where you see what you are typing in and also the send button.

SwordOfWar

Reaction score
The Problem is with handcent sms. i uninstalled it and reinstalled it. and did the same with swype. Hopefully he comes out wiht an update to fix this asap. who ever was in contact with him, please tell him that people are having problems with this new version. keyboard is covering his popup window where you see what you are typing in and also the send button.

In the newest market releases this should be fixed. I test betas from him from time to time, and im sure he doesn't care if you share it (not really any reason...its a free app anyway)...

There are still a lot of issues and suggestions i need to forward to him, but its slowly getting better. One thing I noticed was the attach audio option doesn't show your mp3 files, it just shows your recordings or ringtones or something like that.

There needs to be an option to open up all audio files that show up in the music player (which is everything on the card)...

olletsocmit

Reaction score
I Think the biggest issue he needs to address first is the popup issue. this is my only complaint. using handcent has become more of a pain not being able to see what i type. im gonne stick with it and hope its fixed soon.

Mteersfan

Reaction score
I decided to not have the pop up for the time being, and hope that it gets fixed on the next update. Stock text was just boring compared to handcent. Hope he's able to fix the popup though. Was nice to have.

olletsocmit

Reaction score
I decided to not have the pop up for the time being, and hope that it gets fixed on the next update. Stock text was just boring compared to handcent. Hope he's able to fix the popup though. Was nice to have.

Agreed. I hope someone is relaying this info to the developer.

DP03

Reaction score
Am I the only person not having the popup problem?? Mine is working perfectly.........