handcent popup fix

cisco0910

Reaction score
Alrite, as I previously posted I've been in contact with the degeloper with bugs with handcent like double posts and deleted threads. I ran it by him that when the popup pops up then when you open the virtual keyboard the virtual keyboard partially covers the keyboard. Well he gmailed me a apk file that I installed on my Droid that now the popup moves to the very top when you open the virtual keyboard. I don't know how how to post the file so the only way I can think of is email [email protected] and ill forward you the file...or if any easier way where I can just post the file suggestions are welcome

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Did the developer say it was ok to pass it around? or did he send it to you to test out for him?

OP
cisco0910

cisco0910

Reaction score
Asked him if he's gonna do an. Update he said "I'm not ready to da an update theses days maybe in 5-7 days" didn't ask him if I can spread it, buut ill tell you, once you install it it works as advertised..

OP
cisco0910

cisco0910

Reaction score
Pretty much I told him bout the popup he sent me the file, I installed it. He asked me is that what you looking for. I said yess exActly. Its as simple as 123..

Gixxer1kr

Reaction score
Just want to report that cisco0910 sent me this file and it works. Popup is now at the top of screen.

Thank You !

File is attached

Attachments

• hc_sms.zip
    879.2 KB · Views: 195

superglen99

Reaction score
I downloaded it to my phone but when I use astro to open and install it just has "launch" and when I do that it just takes me to handcent. Is this the apk file or hsndcent app file

OP
cisco0910

cisco0910

Reaction score
Sorry, was assuming everybody had this app already but go to market and install Tattachapkinstaller (must have for droiders anyway). Then simply install the file I got. Haven't tried the zip file gixx posted but I can email you the file ill know will work 100% guaranteed..

OP
cisco0910

cisco0910

Reaction score
Ok theses are exact steps I did..I downloaded that app I mentioned above (droiders should have anyway, you can share apps with it via gmail). Then the file I will email you you click download then it'll ask you with what then select the App mentioned aBove tattachapkinstaller then it'll ask you a question click yes then bam. Popup is moved to very top. I got this straight from the handcent developer,its not something I did. Feel free to contact him to verify. ;) enjoy, hope I helped. Ohhavent tried the zip file someone posted but I got the file that'll work 100% for sure. Again just email me so I can reply with the attached file the follow the steps I mentioned. I know its long but its not. 90 seconds for real..

Chief Wahoo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just received an updated Hancent announcement via Google Market (ver. 2.9.27) with release notes that say "More easy pop up input at large screen device (ex. Droid) - hoping that this is the same fix that Cisco was providing - anyone have a chance to check. . .I am without phone currently or I would check myself (droidless, can you believe it).

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Just received an updated Hancent announcement via Google Market (ver. 2.9.27) with release notes that say "More easy pop up input at large screen device (ex. Droid) - hoping that this is the same fix that Cisco was providing - anyone have a chance to check. . .I am without phone currently or I would check myself (droidless, can you believe it).

Yes it is....Popup works nicely here....

Chief Wahoo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thank you for checking. Great to keep seeing updates coming for many of the favorite apps out for the Droid.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
lol, i posted in an earlier thread today that my pop up started being at the top of the screen, no longer covered by the virtual keyboard... but i attributed it to a glitch with two new apps I installed today :) a good glitch I thought

great to see this app grow

Mteersfan

Reaction score
Ok theses are exact steps I did..I downloaded that app I mentioned above (droiders should have anyway, you can share apps with it via gmail). Then the file I will email you you click download then it'll ask you with what then select the App mentioned aBove tattachapkinstaller then it'll ask you a question click yes then bam. Popup is moved to very top. I got this straight from the handcent developer,its not something I did. Feel free to contact him to verify. ;) enjoy, hope I helped. Ohhavent tried the zip file someone posted but I got the file that'll work 100% for sure. Again just email me so I can reply with the attached file the follow the steps I mentioned. I know its long but its not. 90 seconds for real..

This will be a noob question, but I'm going to ask anyway. I received your email with the download, but didn't complete the download because I got a download block saying the source is not in the Anroid Market and I become liable for any issue...Should I let that concern me and go ahead and check teh unknown sources?

I'm running the newest version of handcent, but my quick text responses are still in the middle of the phone. It's not moving to the top like it's supposed to.