Handcent Issues?

mrpbjnance

Reaction score
Am I the only one having issues with Handcent?
Last week I had issues and figured I missed an update because I uninstalled
and reinstalled and it worked ok. But today again it is having issues..

Is anyone else having problems?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Am I the only one having issues with Handcent?
Last week I had issues and figured I missed an update because I uninstalled
and reinstalled and it worked ok. But today again it is having issues..

Is anyone else having problems?

It probably would be helpful if you described what is going on with your Droid instead of just saying you are having issues.;)

OP
M

mrpbjnance

Reaction score
I am using Panda Home

The issues I am having is if I select Handcent I just get a blank screen. My contacts do not come up ..nothing

armeddroid

Reaction score
huh strange
I know there is some issues with Home++ doing that when you eliminate the notification bar.
Sometimes the Quick Reply box is covered by the key board due to the centering is off. and sometimes Home++ gives you a black screen when you try to text out. Never heard of the fix other then putting back the notification bar.

OP
M

mrpbjnance

Reaction score
It is strange.. because I uninstall Handcent and reinstall and it works fine...

Is it possible that Panda Home is causing the issues?

armeddroid

Reaction score
Possibly, I am using Helix1 home and i am not having any issues with it. Never used Panda but i did use Home++ and i know that Handcent gives Home++ those issues.

ukyfan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
huh strange
I know there is some issues with Home++ doing that when you eliminate the notification bar.
Sometimes the Quick Reply box is covered by the key board due to the centering is off. and sometimes Home++ gives you a black screen when you try to text out. Never heard of the fix other then putting back the notification bar.

Does anyone know of a way to fix the Quick Reply box issue? I just installed Handcent yesterday and noticed it.

Taegost

Reaction score
I use Tag Home and every now and then when I open Handcent it'll be a black screen and I have to wait about 5-10 seconds for it to come up.
Also, when I get the notification of a new text and click on it from the notification bar, it'll bring me to the right contact, but right in the middle of the thread, and I can't scroll down to the bottom. I have to hit Back and then go into the text again... It happens intermittently.

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
Prior to rooting I used several home replacements and I can say that from personal experience I did not have very much luck with Panda Home. I seemed to have a lot of compatibility issues.

Try using your stock home for a while and see if you are still having the same issues with Handcent.

I personally use Handcent and love it, never had the issues you describe. Thus I am thinking that the problem is Panda Home not playing nice with Handcent.

ukyfan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I decided to disable the quick reply.

Also I don't mean to hijack the thread, but since it is still a Handcent question I thought it would be OK to ask. I thought I saw someone ask this before, but I can not find the thread to see if I could find the answer again. Anyway is there anyway to get it to show you how many text messages you have? You know like put a number on the icon or something? On my hold Touch Pro when i was running TF3D it always showed how many texts I had on the Text Tab icon. Anyone know if this is even possible, would I need to look for something else, or is it not even possible at this time?

OK, I am a moron. It looks like Handcent has this feature built into it, and I just overlooked it.

Last edited: