handcent defaulting problems since update

cray0508

Reaction score
Well, literally what the title says, hah. I did an update on Handcent the other day and since then there is no option to make it the default program for messaging. Even when it pops up asking which app to make it the default and you choose handcent, you still get notifications from the phones default app. Any ideas?

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Try uninstalling and reinstalling?

end of line...

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Sounds like a bug with the update. Can try getting with handcent on it or try another messaging app.

end of line...

curlysgirly

Reaction score
This happened to me and I was getting notified by stock messaging and Handscent. Go into your stock messaging and remove the check by notifications. For some reason that "fell off" during this upgrade. It worked and I no longer get two alerts :)

OP
C

cray0508

Reaction score
ya know thats so weird. ive been playing around with handcent and the stock app for a few days now and JUST realized what you suggested...about 10 minutes before you suggested it hah

curlysgirly

Reaction score
Haha! When it happened to me yesterday and I got double buzzed I was like WTH?? Looked in the stock one and was like, huh? Sure enough it was checked and I know that I didn't do it (or MAYBE the little people that take over my phone when I leave the room to play Angry Birds did it??? Who knows! LOL!)

m@tt

Reaction score
Same here, but I'm also having very bad lag time with the application. Looks like last update set everything with messaging back to default. I have remove hc completely and sent the dev email.