How to make handcent sms default messaging app on Rezound?

Mondingo

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how to make handcent sms my default messaging app. When I installed it on my Bionic it asked me what I would like to default to. On the Rezound it does not. I went into applications and selected handcent, but nowhere does it say default. It's greyed out.. I did in settings though shut off notifications for the stock messaging app. But still getting messages twice. Thanks..

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

drtnsnw

Reaction score
I just turned the notifications off on stock app then changed the pulldown icon on the startup screen to handcent. Working good so far

From my Rockin Rezound

kyle4269

Reaction score
I just turned the notifications off on stock app then changed the pulldown icon on the startup screen to handcent. Working good so far

From my Rockin Rezound

That's the same thing I did.. Been working fine for me.

OP
M

Mondingo

Reaction score

From my Rockin Rezound

Ok.. so I did this. I went into stock messaging app under settings. I deselected all notifications.. I am still getting the texts to show up in my stock app. Is the something I'm doing wrong? I still have to delete the messages from the stock app.. It's annoying. Thank guys.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

cebosound

Reaction score
I just found this app today. I gotta admit, I like it alot. ....... I turned off the notifications from the stock text messaging ap and turned off the auto find. it seems to have worked flawlessly.

wareagle46

Reaction score
does anybody know how to add the Handcent app under the Messaging Icon on the new droid Bionic and Razr. it is annoying that only the stock app is listed