Handcent acting up!

micp1480

Reaction score
I enter into an SMS conversation with someone and this is what happens:

Me: Hello how are you?

Friend: I am doing great and you?

Me: Family and everyone is fine.

Ok, 45 minutes to 1 hour I get a repeated reply of, "I am doing great and you". WHY?

MICP1480

dogmeatstick2

Reaction score
Weird, I have a similar problem. Occasionally I will receive the same text 4 times. So my ringtone repeats four times in a row and the message shows four pop ups and 4 times in the thread. Any ideas?

hydrolex99

Reaction score
Same thing happens to me, I think it is a known common issue. Pretty annoying. If they fixed the lag and this issue handcent would be perfect.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've never had this issue with handcent. I don't see how an app can be blamed for slowing down delivery of a text. That doesn't mean you're incorrect, it means what it says. I don't understand. Explain how this could happen.

To me the text gets sent and from there it's either the carrier or the receiving carrier that has to deliver the message, not the app.

But maybe I just don't understand how it works. Quite possible.

u7mg0

Reaction score
same thing is happening to me. about a month ago. i get the txt right away, but sometimes 2 or 3 of the same. dont know how to fix it, I just ignore the extras

stacks04

Reaction score
mine is force closing every message now. so frustrating. i am going to delete it then re download it.

CAROLINAGIRL

Reaction score
My issue with Handcent right now...sometimes, when I get the notification icon in the status bar at the top...when I pull the status bar down, and touch the message, it brings up a blank black screen. Doesn't show any messages, but still has the contact information at the top. If I close it, bring up Handcent, and open the thread manually, the message is there. Wierd.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Yeah some strange issues with Handcent since it has been updated yesterday. 2 issues so far.

1. The text field was blank while sending a text but what I was writing showed up when sent.

2. Recieving and responding to texts resets the LWP to stock. This happened 2x so far today.

I'd recommend anyone who hasn't updated Handcent to not do so right know. It has introduced some strange bugs that have never been present.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Last edited:

rmart88

Reaction score
I have been having issues with it recieving the same message mulitple times (2 or 3, sometimes 4 times). got kind of annoying so i dl'd chompSMS to give it a shot thinking that is was Handcent causing the issue. While using ChompSMS i had the same issue... So i am thinking that it might be on Verizon's side of things, not the Messaging app. i have had similar issue on my old 'dumb' phone before soooo....

I am back to Hancent. It is sooo much better than Chomp :)