1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Issues with Handcent SMS.

Discussion in 'Android Applications' started by bamfsig45, Nov 14, 2009.

1. bamfsig45

bamfsig45 New Member

I've been using Handcent SMS since day one but I've noticed something that doesn't work right for me. When I get a notification and I click on the Handcent SMS notification it doesn't take me to that conversation but to the last conversation I had open. I have mistakenly sent a text to a wrong person, luckily it was nothing bad. If I close out of the last conversation like hitting the back button to the home screen then it works fine. Has anyone else experienced this?
  2. JustinRutledge

JustinRutledge New Member

hmm that's weird I have been using handcent since day 1 as well and when I click on the notification it takes me to the chat for the person that sent the message. I don't know why it would be doing that to you. Have you tried re-installing?
  3. ZeRo_C0oL

ZeRo_C0oL New Member

I'm installing now, so I'll look out for issues. Thanks!
  4. bamfsig45

bamfsig45 New Member

Maybe ill try reinstalling it.
  5. bamfsig45

bamfsig45 New Member

Uninstalled and reinstalled, tested it with a test text from my daughters phone and its still doing the same thing. Guess I need to contact the developer.
  6. jaysonstaurt

jaysonstaurt New Member

I tried that app and for some reason it was just terrible. Would get errors and force close, also wouldn't send messages if I sent right as one was coming in. I'll try it again later but I'm finding a lot of these apps wern't made for android 2.0 and it's real hit and miss on how well they work.
  7. sir

sir New Member

anyone here tried SMS Popup in comparison to Handcent?
  8. mr.deux

mr.deux New Member

only problems i have had is sending/reciving picture messages some times. but even then i rarely get a pic message so if it messes up i just switch to the stock app with no problems
  9. New2u

New2u Super Moderator

They did just come out with an update this morning, so i would hope uninstalling and reinstalling would work. I have had no problems with it taking me to the correct message. Another thing I would try though is to clear out all the txts messages in the phone then make sure handcent is the default messaging app. Then try to test it again. The existing txts may be causing a problem.
  10. jedidroid

jedidroid New Member

downloaded handcent today and no problems so far. good stuff.
Search tags for this page
close handcent with the home button
handcent doesnt close

handcent sms issues