How to SMS everyone and their mother with one click.

Thanassi44

Reaction score
Merry Christmas Eve everyone. I just sent a single Happy Holidays text message to 320 of my friends with one "send". Here's how:

First off, Out of my 500+ google contacts in gmail/gvoice, about 320 are friends. I put them all in a group that I named "ALL FRIENDS".

Using Handcent SMS (downloadable from the market for free) I chose to compose a new message. In the "To" field, all the way at the right, there is a little green circle with a "+" button. I clicked that and then added my group "ALL FRIENDS" which had synced over the air from gmail contacts.

As you can imagine, the phone acted like it was gonna die a little bit, but apparently most if not all my SMS's went out, as I began to get tons of replies.

I just let 320 people know that I care. Aint technology great? :icon_ banana:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Merry Christmas Eve everyone. I just sent a single Happy Holidays text message to 320 of my friends with one "send". Here's how:

First off, Out of my 500+ google contacts in gmail/gvoice, about 320 are friends. I put them all in a group that I named "ALL FRIENDS".

Using Handcent SMS (downloadable from the market for free) I chose to compose a new message. In the "To" field, all the way at the right, there is a little green circle with a "+" button. I clicked that and then added my group "ALL FRIENDS" which had synced over the air from gmail contacts.

As you can imagine, the phone acted like it was gonna die a little bit, but apparently most if not all my SMS's went out, as I began to get tons of replies.

I just let 320 people know that I care. Aint technology great? :icon_ banana:

lol, Glad you had a solution because I thought you were asking HOW to not TELLING how to.

I think there is another way to group together by tapping and holding from what I've read but I've never done it myself. Anyway thanks for the info.