had to get rid of my nexus

kimintenn

Reaction score
Just chiming in... I also traded my Nexus for the Rezound. I waited for the Nexus forever and grabbed it up on Day 1 only to be disappointed from the start with the signal issues. I wanted to love it and I didn't want to trade it but I had to have a dependable phone and it just wasn't. It's not my area either because i always had perfect call/internet signal with my OG Droid and now I do with the Rezound.

For me, the thing the Nexus wins on is the ICS without Sense cluttering it up. I am not a fan of Sense because I think overall it seems to busy, but I've gotten used to it finally. I'd still jump at the chance of ditching Sense if given the opportunity. I loved the Nexus' keyboard and ended up having to install SwiftKey on the Rezound which is a wonderful app and is comparable to the Nexus' keyboard and maybe even better.

The call quality and camera quality blow the the Nexus away... well, I should clarify... it blows away the Nexus that I had. I realize some people aren't having issues and I do wonder if there is some validity to the concern about that first batch having more faulty phones.

JeffDenver

Reaction score
Just to warn you, ICS on the Rezound will likely be polluted with Sense as well. You will have to root to get pure ICS on the Rezound.

Dilligaf

Reaction score
Guess I just got lucky. I have had absolutely NO issues with my GNex. ROM'd, overclocked, etc. Good reception on 3G, 4G, Wi-Fi, whatever. No random reboots, no black screen with any music or video players.

I was looking at the Rezound as well. Excellent phone, and I do wish I could add an SD card to the Nexus. Enjoy! :)

Tap'd from my NookColor

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just to warn you, ICS on the Rezound will likely be polluted with Sense as well. You will have to root to get pure ICS on the Rezound.

I don't like manufacturer overlays either, but pure ICS isn't all its cracked up to be. I dislike a lot of the element in AOSP ICS. Sense used to be the best thing around IMO. 3.5 kind of sucks though, but 4.0 looks kind of nice, unless its laggy.

JeffDenver

Reaction score
I don't like manufacturer overlays either, but pure ICS isn't all its cracked up to be. I dislike a lot of the element in AOSP ICS. Sense used to be the best thing around IMO. 3.5 kind of sucks though, but 4.0 looks kind of nice, unless its laggy.
"Pure" means there is not any superfluous crap running in the background.

I have never preferred the "stock" Android experience. I have never liked the stock Android launcher. I have ALWAYS had a 3rd party launcher installed. When you do this on Sense, Sense is STILL running in the background. Sense still uses it's contacts and it's lock screen or whatever. Sense is still lurking in the background, eating up resources like a fat German child in a chocolate shop.

That is why I want pure Android...so I can start adding crap to my Android experience without Sense fingerprints all over my system. Removing the Sense pollution is the first step in truly customizing it for myself. Vendor UIs like Sense or Motoblur or Touchwiz are obnoxious because they impose an experience on me. I dont have the option of turning them off...at best I have to paint over them.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
AOSP imposes an experience, it's just the experience that the creators of the OS prefer. If HTC invented Android then Sense would be the Vanilla. I do agree though, AOSP allows for better performance, because an overlay does somewhat pollute. I do think the Sense dialer, contacts and messaging for example are way better than AOSP Android 4.0 though.

x25064

Reaction score
AOSP imposes an experience, it's just the experience that the creators of the OS prefer. If HTC invented Android then Sense would be the Vanilla. I do agree though, AOSP allows for better performance, because an overlay does somewhat pollute. I do think the Sense dialer, contacts and messaging for example are way better than AOSP Android 4.0 though.

And as seen on the galaxy s2, touchwiz seems to be the smoother option over aosp gingerbread.

Moto blur though.. well.. can't really say anything there.