Gnex user with some questions on the Rezound.....thinking about switching

bigjunior45

Reaction score
I have a love/hate relationship with my nexus and I'm thinking about going to the Rezound.

I like the ICS software but it lacks in other areas of the phone. The speaker sucks had to buy an app just to hear it, the camera is not good, not horrible, but should've been better compared to the Fascinate (Fascinates camera was awesome IMO), and I've dropped 3G signal a couple of times. At times its slow running apps but maybe its because those apps don't support ICS, I don't know? Anyways I've looked at the Razr's but seems like a lot of people on the Nexus and Rezound forums don't talk highly of that phone plus when I was in the store it seemed like the screen was too dull and not bright. So I have some questions that hopefully all or some of you can answer. Thanks

1. Hows the speaker volume? I'm deaf in my left ear so I need something loud. My buddy has the Incredible 1 and that speaker is damn loud. Is it the same or comparable to the Incredible?

2. Noise cancelation? My iPhone had great noise cancelation but on my Nexus my mom could hear my TV in the background.

3. Battery life? Will I need an extended battery?

4. The camera? Where would you rate this camera among smartphones on the market?

5. LED notification light. Does it work perfectly or damn near perfect? I had to download an app on my Nexus to allow different colors and such but it works so far but its in an odd spot.

6. Sound quality? Nobody is complaing that you sound like a robot or any static?

Lenagainster

Reaction score
While waiting for someone with more intense opinions on the Rezound, I'll offer mine:
1.Volume is great. Can't use full volume, too loud. Now it's set right and stays that way.
2. Haven't gotten any complaints from anyone about background noise. I do see the noise canceling mike on the side of the phone.
3. Battery is better than my Droid2 with comparable use. I charge my phone overnight, every night and have more % left each evening than I ever had with the Droid.
4. Camera is great! So far, I've just used it for point and shoot, pix come out fantastic.
5. Haven't paid attention to the blinking light for different notifications. When it blinks, I look at the notification bar to see if it is a text, email or whatever. I get a different sound for a text vs. an email.
6. That's the most important consideration for me, since it's my only phone, and conversations sound as good as a landline, unless I'm talking to someone with an iPhone on ATT.

Reaction score
I have both rezound&nexus. Major signal&reception issues with gnex. If this issue is not fixed by Jan.15,I will be returning gnex. I have not had any issues with rezound. My advice. Go with rezound or another phone.

ebzbldr

Reaction score
I waited for the right phone to come out, first I waited for the Thunderbolt, then the Bionic, and then the rumors of the Rezound and Nexus came out. Being a techy and normally an early adapter I decided to weigh in all the technical aspects, etc and I got the Rezound. At the end it is all about personal preferences. I love all about this phone. The sense intrerface, the camera is awesome, I recorded the fireworks last night and the replay was incredible, no pixalization(if there is such word) and the sound was clear. The screen quality is amazing. The beats and free headset with mic built in is a nice plus. To be honest I get tired of people complaining of this phone and the other, we are to be happy that we have options vs just the "4s" or perhaps that is the Android downfall, too many choices. My opinion Rezound rocks, ICS eventually will push through and then it will really rock since it still has the best specs out there.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I waited for the right phone to come out, first I waited for the Thunderbolt, then the Bionic, and then the rumors of the Rezound and Nexus came out. Being a techy and normally an early adapter I decided to weigh in all the technical aspects, etc and I got the Rezound. At the end it is all about personal preferences. I love all about this phone. The sense intrerface, the camera is awesome, I recorded the fireworks last night and the replay was incredible, no pixalization(if there is such word) and the sound was clear. The screen quality is amazing. The beats and free headset with mic built in is a nice plus. To be honest I get tired of people complaining of this phone and the other, we are to be happy that we have options vs just the "4s" or perhaps that is the Android downfall, too many choices. My opinion Rezound rocks, ICS eventually will push through and then it will really rock since it still has the best specs out there.

Try Frame Grabber app from the market to makes some stills of the fireworks ( or any other videos you shoot). On my Rezound I'm getting stills of almost 2mb file sizes and they are very sharp

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
Sent from this Galaxy via Blue Tapatalk

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
Had the Rezound for a week now and I couldn't be happier. One of my complaints about the Inc was the low call volume. On the Rez, I turn the volume down. Call volume is great. The camera, well, I couldn't be happier. The stills and videos are sensational. Couple nights ago we were in a restaurant with fairly average lighting. I shot a video of the interior and it came out absolutely great. Needless to say the speed in loading web pages is amazing with 4g. I couldn't be happier than I am with this phone and would highly recommend it.

As to battery life, I anticipated problems and ordered the 2720Mah extended battery but was really surprised with the 1620 Mah that came with the phone. After an average days use doing the same things I did with my Inc, I still had between 30%-40% power left. But as good and as fast as this phone is, I put in the extended battery anyway because I'm going to be using this phone like crazy. When ICS does get pushed to this phone, given the time they will have had to work out all the bugs, it'll be a definite keeper.

jcardona1

Reaction score
I traded my Nexus for a Rezound a few days ago and i couldn't be happier. My complaints were the same as yours. Terrible battery life, horrible camera, weak signal all the time, and poor speaker sound.

I had the extended battery on my Nexus and i get more life on the rezound with a smaller stock battery. Go figure. The camera on the Rezound is a work of art, seriously. To me, the Rezound is the perfect device. Now i just need to root/unlock it and get rid of the bloat :)

Check out these pics taken with the Rezound, straight from the camera!!!

View attachment 45202

View attachment 45202

View attachment 45204

View attachment 45205

rasaun87

Reaction score
that is one thing I do miss about the rezound... that camera was BEAUTIFUL..... but nothing else... I had the rezound for a month... but the rezound is a good phone, can't lie...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

jbg25

Reaction score
This is by far the best "phone" I have ever had. Signal and clarity is amazing. Data is very speedy. Camera, screen, specs etc have been discussed enough just say I agree with all of the above who love the phone. I also think the form factor and design is perfect. It does not feel awkward to use as a phone which I have felt with all the other smartphones I have owned (D1, Thunderbolt, Bionic).

And now that the Bootloader is unlocked this phone is getting more and more dev support daily, and should be quite a solid smartphone for a very long time.

Vfa82247

Reaction score
I've also had both phones... And I cannot understand how people would prefer the Gnex... When the rezound gets an ICS

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

Vfa82247

Reaction score
I've also had both phones... And I cannot understand how people would prefer the Gnex... When the rezound gets an ICS

Sorry about the post... I accidentally hit post... Anyhow... When the rezound gets ICS, it will be complete...

With that said... I have a cousin who wants to get rid of his rezound for a Gnex...

If u know someone around the los Angeles area that is interested... Hit him up at:

IN A PRIVATE MESSAGE

Last edited by a moderator:

rasaun87

Reaction score
Sorry about the post... I accidentally hit post... Anyhow... When the rezound gets ICS, it will be complete...

With that said... I have a cousin who wants to get rid of his rezound for a Gnex...

If u know someone around the los Angeles area that is interested... Hit him up at:

IN A PRIVATE MESSAGE

Modding. Nothing is even close to nexus phones. I feel the nexus is bit better but to compare them is apples to oranges. They are for 2 totally different crowds. I feel u can't go wrong with either.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Last edited by a moderator:
B

budmonster

The GNEX is modders dream but for an everday phone go with the Rezound, I had both. There are many bugs with the GNEX and your along for the ride as they fix them. The Rezound is best out of the box ready phone VZW has right now, except for pink led buttons lol.

samiusmc

Reaction score
I have the GNex and I love it but I'm having too many problems with the signal dropping and GPS not locking like it should. Reading this thread, I think I'm going to switch to the Rezound. Does anyone know Verizon's policy? If I return the GNex before the January 15th deadline, can I try the Rezound, and if I don't like it, can I get another phone before January 15th or will I be stuck with it?

Reaction score
I think you only one shot. I took my second one back and reactivated one of my other phones on the line. Will wait and see what happens at ces.l have rezound. You can't go wrong with this phone. To many signal issues with gnex. Great phone for teckies& moodders but not for adverage user.