Loud buzzing from Rezound

DaDroidDude

Reaction score
Hi all.

I plugged my Rezound into my car stereo the other night to listen to music.
Every once in awhile I hear an annoying buzz coming through the speakers that isn't part of the car stereo.

Then tonight my wife plugged her Rezound into a pair of computer speakers because she's on call for her job and is afraid that the phone's built in speaker isn't loud enough to wake her should she get a call.
Sure enough, same annoying buzz comes through speakers every few minutes.
Needless to say she can't sleep through that.

Additionally, I use to use remote wireless speakers to listen to my tv.
I heard a similar buzz through those even though the phone was not plugged in to anything.
It go so annoying that I had to go back to the built in tv speakers.

Is this the phone doing something (checking email, etc) in the background?
Is it bad design?
Is there a workaround?

Thanks.
B

acejavelin

Reaction score
First I have heard of this one, use my phone for music all the time... The phone could be doing something in the background, but I is shouldn't normally cause an issue and I have never seen it. Most likely case is a defective handset. I would factory default, and if the problem recurs then get a replacement.

VidJunky

Reaction score
This was a known issue at release. There are posts from back in the day about this, but yours is the first I've seen since the initial update everyone received before ICS. There was never a workaround for this problem. I'm not sure if rooting and changing radios worked or not, but you read the original thread from a post over at Android Central here. There may be a conclusion or other information in there that might help you. I would start at the beginning and see if sounds like your issue then jump to the end to see if there was a conclusion.

GL

Nyobie

Reaction score
It's probably 4G data emi. My phone does the same thing with a long cord plugged into the headphone jack while trying to stream Netflix or if the phone is near my laptop streaming Netflix with the same cord plugged into the headphone jack.

Also less noticeable is that the phone interferes with my wireless keyboard. I just move the phone to the left side of my desk, away from the keyboard's USB receiver and the keyboard works fine.

Bkackberry was the worst, on AT&T.

Turn 4G off and see if the noise is still present?

Sent from my HTC Rezound, rooted with S-OFF on Verizon's periodically blazing fast and mostly reliable 4G LTE Network that I helped fund over the years

sp3ar2envi

Reaction score
Yeah try turning your phone to airplane mode and it might fix it

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums