had to get rid of my nexus

JeffDenver

Reaction score
1. Your own preferences are exactly that. You can't say one is better then the other
I just did. I'm allowed an opinion just like everyone else.

And judging from the fact that there are NO Android handsets coming out in the foreseeable future without hardware buttons, my opinion appears to be the majority opinion.

Oh the calamity! You have to wait 0.001 of a second for a button to appear!
Why should I have to wait at all? LOL

Soft buttons have no advantage or disadvantage from capacitive ones
The fact that they are not visible all the time is a disadvantage. The fact that they eat up pixels on my screen is a disadvantage.

which brings me back to my initial argument -- your pushing a moot point.
If that is so obvious, why are you still arguing with me? Are you afraid everyone else wont see it as a "moot point" too? LOL

"IMO" I'd rather have a clean looking screen, with buttons that work just as well as physical ones, keep my device size smaller, and not lug around a small brick in my pocket.
Your device size is not smaller. Its huge. It is a 4.65" phone. Hypocrisy anyone?

Here is an image of the actual phone - http://androidandme.wpengine.netdna...loads/2011/12/verizon-galaxy-nexus-front-.jpg - You are telling me that it would be impossible to fit buttons on the bottom under the screen?? Yeah right.

Now can we be done here?
I have a feeling we will never be done until every last person in this thread agrees with your opinion. You appear to take personal offense that not everyone agrees with you.

Syraz

Reaction score
This thread seemed to change tone real quick.

Honestly both phones are awesome. OP had issues he tried, he still seems to like the phone but likes the Rezound also, both are equally as good phones.

I just know personally having a hard time deciding between the 2 and when I get my money next week I am just going to go to verizon hold each phone and decide that way..I want a phone that is comfortable to hold and they are performance wise on par with each other again MY opinion.

cp24eva

Reaction score
1. Your own preferences are exactly that. You can't say one is better then the other which leads me to my next point

2. Oh the calamity! You have to wait 0.001 of a second for a button to appear! Seriously dude re-read that. It sounds ridiculous. It probably takes you longer to scroll down your laggy app drawer on your rezound.

3. Soft buttons have no advantage or disadvantage from capacitive ones which brings me back to my initial argument -- your pushing a moot point.

"IMO" I'd rather have a clean looking screen, with buttons that work just as well as physical ones, keep my device size smaller, and not lug around a small brick in my pocket.

Now can we be done here?

Are you angry that someone doesn't like the Nexus as much as they like the Rezound? Relax man. You come off as very irate and bothered! Go somewhere and kumbaya m'lord with your buddies and be well. They are both good devices. the difference is preferential. I think it is you than takes personal offense, not the other way around. Why does this thread seem to be headed into a war-torn closed thread? lol.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have a Rezound now. Also have a RAZR. Also had a G Nex.

I think it all boils down to the different atmospheres of different users AND quality control fail. So many companies these days aren't living up to good quality control practices. Simply because they know the masses will buy it no matter what. With a name like Nexus, people assumed automatic greatness. There is still time for things to be fixed with it. No phone is perfect. I'm sure they wont let the Nexus go down like that, so expect fixes soon. I think it's a nice phone in general. but out of the box, I love the rezound. Did a lot of research early on and this was the one. Glad to take the Nexus defectors lol, but the Nexus will still be the best when it gets the fixes. Only because of ICS and google wallet IMO.

The G Nex I had was great (not including ICS bugs, issues; did like ICS overall), except for reception. Phone reception was fine...then that started going down hill. Data reception was never fine.

I think for the G Nex, its part quality control and part...it is what it is. One thing I learned with the G Nex and Rezound...we have to try these phones out and not judge based on past experiences or what we read in forums. Even tho the G Nex reminded me why I stopped using Samsung phones...I woulda never really known unless I tried it. Phone reception was surprising in the beginning. And I have to agree with those that say the Rezound is a sleeper phone just based on the marketing money that was thrown at the Bionic...

My RAZR does get better phone reception than my Rezound tho..could need a update, could be a bad phone...but I'll take it for now...lol. Seems like the Rezound is nice for overall battery life too which would be amazing since its running at 1.5 Ghz. ....awaiting the Anandtech Rezound review...

When I mention reception...I dont mean in general...I mean in weaker areas. My phones need to be able to handle wherever I go with lil issues. All of the "big 3" are great ....at what they do best. Great in their own way. (That "big 3" is about to change in a few months...lol)

And for the record...I miss the hard buttons on my Droid X1...lol. Yes...after using all 3 of the "big 3" I miss them. I cant see every future Android phone that comes with ICS or higher going to on screen buttons. That goes against one of Android biggest strengths IMO: choice. If they do...so be it. But I think I will be looking for hard buttons on my next phone, maybe.

Last edited:

x25064

Reaction score
Are you angry that someone doesn't like the Nexus as much as they like the Rezound? Relax man. You come off as very irate and bothered! Go somewhere and kumbaya m'lord with your buddies and be well. They are both good devices. the difference is preferential. I think it is you than takes personal offense, not the other way around. Why does this thread seem to be headed into a war-torn closed thread? lol.

No I just think Jeff's points are monumentally stupid.

JeffDenver

Reaction score
How dare I have an opinion different from yours. Who do I think I am? LOL!

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
No I just think Jeff's points are monumentally stupid.

Just let it go...he can dislike it or like it for any reason that he wants. That is what an opinion is, you know. It's not your job to defend the Nexus. I like the Nexus just as much as you do and would never trade mine for a Rezound, but not everyone thinks the same.

JeffDenver

Reaction score
Even tho the G Nex reminded me why I stopped using Samsung phones...
It was the exact opposite with me. I was biased in favor of the Galaxy Nexus at first because I loved the galaxy S2 so much. And I still think the Galaxy S2 is the best Android phone ever made since the Droid 1 and Nexus 1. Awesome camera, fast CPU, fantastic display...there was a lot to like about it.

And, oh yeah, it had an SD card and hardware Nav buttons.

And for the record...I miss the hard buttons on my Droid X1...lol. Yes...after using all 3 of the "big 3" I miss them.
I never liked those actually. A friend of my had a Droid X and I played with it occasionally. Maybe it was just because I was used to the capacitive ones on the Droid 1. But physical buttons seemed to me like one more thing that could break. One bonus though is that you could find them by touch without having to look at the phone.

Last edited:

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
To be honest I really think all 3 are great devices, razr, nexus, rezound. Which is truly better is an argument which I think is unnecessary. What ever phone is best for the user is the best phone. The rezound is a sleeper and really not getting a lot of love as the other 2 but I assure you that if you had the chance to play with it and truly use it you would understand why people love it. And I think its the same with the razr and nexus as well. All 3 of them have specs that we would kill for a year ago. Its almost unfortunate they were released back to back like that because I think in a way they are all taking from each other. People been waiting for the nexus since the nexus one and I was one of them. The nexus is no slouch we are talking about the same hardware that is on the samsung galaxy s 2 which has dominated world wide and for the first time had people believing that there was a truly better device than the iphone; that same harware nexus owners have with stock ics and a wide open phone. With the rezound you have a power house. Take the incredible and dual core, a true hd screen, beats like sound, a better camera, and an unlockable bootloader (i know the incredible didnt have a locked bootloader) and you have a phone built for pure entertainment. The razr is build with top notch hardware, come in different varieties, a gorgeous screen, a much improved blur ui, accessories, and software additions that just make the phone helpful to users. So if you look at what we have its a hard choice and if I could I would buy them all. So nexus users my thread is not to down the nexus its a great device. If you see I had a sad icon in the title. I hated to get rid of my nexus. I am just glad that the rezound is equally amazing and where I am at its doing a better job locking on. Again it could have been I had a bunch of bad phones but if you was in my shoes and was given the same ultimatum that this would be the last nexus until the update or you can do an exchange some of you would take another shot at nexus #5. I on the other hand because I paid 800+ (full retail) looked at going with the safe pick. In the end it worked out for me and I am happy it did.

Couldnt agree more, very well said. I was actually thinking about using my 3rd line that has an upgrade on a Nexus after a few batches and updates go by just to see some things. I might and just add my Droid 1 to my plan so I can grab some quad core phone coming soon. I've officially started chasing the latest n greatest...lol. Started with the Droid X1. I just got my Droid 1 in March of the same year. I did good with that...but The RAZR, G Nex and Rezound was too hard to pass up.

Last edited:

JeffDenver

Reaction score
If they had simply slapped on the Rezound's HD screen to the Galaxy S2, I probably would have gotten that instead of the Rezound. The GS2 is THAT good.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Where the on screen buttons really shine is when you watch a video and all of your real estate is used , I get comments about it every time :)

I'd miss that a lot more if I watched more than like 2 minutes of video on my phone a month.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'd miss that a lot more if I watched more than like 2 minutes of video on my phone a month.

Yeah, my videos are limited to things I've found that I want to show to others - I have much better viewing options at the house :)

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I like watchin videos on my phone but must admit most are short 2- 3 min vids. Every now and then ill pop on netflix or something but rarely do I get to sit there and watch a video for more than 15-20 mins at a time.

alboboy10

Reaction score
I dont like long videos either but recently I've been watching the Knicks on my phone because msg is horrible.

The huge screen helps, my friend who has the 4s loves watching videos on this especially the Knicks (website requires flash).

Even if u dont watch a lot of videos this is great when you need it.