Gtalk accounts

droidemere

Reaction score
Is there a way to use a different account for the preinstalled Gtalk app, other than the main account tied to your phone? I've tried researching this and so far everyone has said no..i just wanted to double check here first before I gave up..

Thanks in advance..

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I grabbed an app from the market called Hi Gtalk. Its not to bad. You can d/l themes for it to shine it up a bit. It does the job. If someone can answer the original question at hand that would be sweet.

*kallen

Reaction score
Is there a way to use a different account for the preinstalled Gtalk app, other than the main account tied to your phone? I've tried researching this and so far everyone has said no..i just wanted to double check here first before I gave up..

Thanks in advance..

I'm having the same issue. I have since changed my gmail address since I bought the phone and there are still things like gtalk and the calendar that will not show my new email address. Some tech at the Verizon store said I could get the old gmail address completely off my phone if i reset the phone, but that would result in loosing all my information... I wasnt sure I wanted to take that chance. It is very annoying though. I wish there was a way. If you come across anything please keep me updated! I really appreciate it!

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I'm having the same issue. I have since changed my gmail address since I bought the phone and there are still things like gtalk and the calendar that will not show my new email address. Some tech at the Verizon store said I could get the old gmail address completely off my phone if i reset the phone, but that would result in loosing all my information... I wasnt sure I wanted to take that chance. It is very annoying though. I wish there was a way. If you come across anything please keep me updated! I really appreciate it!

From the Home Screen>>Menu>>Settings>>Applications>>Manage Applications>>Menu>>Show ALL>>Talk>>Clear Data then Clear Cache

Give that a Try.

*kallen

Reaction score

From the Home Screen>>Menu>>Settings>>Applications>>Manage Applications>>Menu>>Show ALL>>Talk>>Clear Data then Clear Cache

Give that a Try.

GRRR I tried that. It didn't work :( Thanks for the advise, though!