1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Copy of Chat From Gtalk Goes To Gmail

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by hookbill, Mar 11, 2010.

1. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

I don't believe I've seen this discussed before and it's not a major issue for me but I'm pretty certain it may be for some people and I want to make you aware. Whenever you have a conversation on GTalk a copy of that conversation goes into your Gmail "All Mail" folder. Mine is full of GTalk conversations.

I like to store things in the archive which is the same folder, All Mail and this has really cluttered up my archive mail.

Any email you send out also has a copy of it stored in this same folder. If this is a concern for you you may want to go in and clean up that area. If anybody knows how to avoid Gtalk from being sent to this folder I'd appreciate you sharing it with me.
  2. Droid Cylon

Droid Cylon New Member

You can change the setting in your web gmail page. Click settings and then the chat tab. I think it is one of the first options whether to save your chats or not. That being said I agree with you about the All Mail folder being a mess. There ought to be some setting for that folder like the trash folder where after a certain time it starts automatically deleting emails.
  3. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Thanks, I'll do that right now.
  4. jimnutt

jimnutt New Member

It's kind of gmail's schtick that you never delete have to delete anything. That's why putting something into "all mail" is called archiving (and why you have so much storage space for it). I never even look in the all mail filter, I live in my inbox and use filter, labels and search to find stuff in the all mail archive when I need it. I definitely would not want it deleting stuff, even really old stuff.
Search tags for this page
chats folder in gmail
copy chat in gtalk
email gchat conversation
gchat conversation sent
gtalk in sent folder
how to copy chats in gchat

how to email gtalk chat conversations

how to email gtalk conversation
is chat save in gtalk after deleting from gmail
to duplicate gtalk
www.gtalk.email