Greetings from 1st time droider...

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by theBruno, Aug 23, 2010.

1. theBruno

theBruno New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

I recently purchased the Droid X as my first Android phone, and it's been a while since my last touchscreen phone. I was concerned about the learning/adjustment curves, but my concern was baseless! My biggest enjoyment is the screen size - I have been waiting for the reduced eye strain for quite a while.

Yesterday, unfortunately, I fell victim to an SD Card fry/corruption, losing over 400 images/videos/custom sounds transferred from phone to phone over the years. I had grown complacent with SD card reliability (as I have had 6 previous phones with no problems) so in hindsight, I encourage everyone to backup your SD card data regularly. It is a hard lesson to re-learn.

However I am looking forward to exploring my phones potential in the coming months with the assistance of fellow forum members and I will try to participate as often as possible.

Thanks,
    ~theBruno~ :)

2. mwhartman

mwhartman Super Moderator/RS
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +12
    Welcome! Glad to have you. Sorry to learn about you SD card issue and losing data. I mount my phone to my computer and back up my entire SD card on a regular basis. I keep several copies.

Mike

3. Wnclivin

Wnclivin Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Welcome and congrats on your X!

Yeah sd cards are finnicky sometimes. I never use one card in multiple devices, but if I did I would backup the data and reformat it before using in a new device.

Now, root that X and update to Froyo! My advice is to do a factory data reset first...and reformat your sd so you know everything is clean.