1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Greeting from a frustrated Droid owner

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by stan8880, May 29, 2011.

1. stan8880

stan8880 New Member

Greeting fellow Android-ians. I have an original Droid that has been driving me a bit crazy so I started looking for a place to share my angst (and hopefully get some answers!).

I came here looking for an answer to why the launcher refreshes so slowly. Often it takes up t 30 seconds to refresh when returning from the phone app after a call. I have tried clearing cache and giving the phone more unused memory (currently about 43MB). I gotta be missing something!
  2. rck76

rck76 Super Moderator Premium Member

If your rooted and have a custom rom installed then you can try locking home in memory.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  3. stan8880

stan8880 New Member

I guess I would be considered a Droid 'virgin'. I have no idea how to root my device. I see a lot of talk about rooted devices (good and bad) but have not tried that. Do you have a site that you can share to get me started?
  4. rck76

rck76 Super Moderator Premium Member