Greetings!

psuHopp

Reaction score
Hello awesome droid community!

My name is Erich. I'm a Penn State grad (hence my user name). I'm pretty tech savvy but sadly...have never owned a "smart phone" I do debug assembler code for a living.

Anyways, I've come here to learn from a knowledgeable community (and hopefully contribute someday once I'm not a noob). I've had my eyes set on a droid for some time now but have not been able to decide on one yet. Currently, leaning quite heavily towards the Samsung Fascinate...just waiting to see what happens when it finally gets Android 2.2. I'm starting to think I should just get over the "waiting for next best thing" and upgrade my phone since this area of technology is constantly changing and if I keep waiting for the next best thing...well I'll be waiting for a while.

:icon_ banana:

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
:welcome: to the Forum, feel free to ask any questions that might help you in your decision making process

Sent from my Original Droid using the Exclusive Droid Forums App (Available Free in the Market) :wink:

OP
P

psuHopp

Reaction score
Perhaps I should start a new topic...

The reasons I'm leaning towards the Fascinate are:
Pros:
Love the physical design of the device. Light weight, pretty display. Screen size seems perfect.
Swype - Awesome feature. I think this is will become the normal for text entry.

Cons:
Not upgraded to android 2.2 yet.
Lacks physical keyboard (may not be such a huge deal with swype)
Bing integration ... I'm choosing a google OS..would be nice if it had google search integrated instead.

A question I asked the verizon sales rep: Does the droid 2 have Swype? He said No. I didn't believe him because I thought I had read something on this site that said otherwise. Is Swype only available on the Fascinate?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Droid 2 has swype i'm using it. Geez reps are getting more stupid every year. Fascinate is a good choice but if you want a phys keyboard d2 is only option in my book

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App