GRD NooB Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

cgull

Reaction score
Ok so I am running Fission now and am eager to get to a more current ROM. As I understand it, GRD is a conversion tool to port D2 roms to D2G right? If this is the case will I just be able to download a ported version of Fission or whatever release i want? or will I need to use GRD myself to install them?

biknut1

Reaction score
D2G ROM's

Ok so I am running Fission now and am eager to get to a more current ROM. As I understand it, GRD is a conversion tool to port D2 roms to D2G right? If this is the case will I just be able to download a ported version of Fission or whatever release i want? or will I need to use GRD myself to install them?

Here is what I understand about D2G ROM's- at the moment, Fission 2.4.3 is the newest, most stable ROM available for us. Older versions work, and that is all that is available (stable).

GRD has used various versions of the ROMmers with other ROM's. Some work, some don't, none are completely stable.

GRD's newly created ROM appears to be stable in their testing, but there seem to be problems with downloads right now. They are working to get everything repaired (links, not the ROM) ASAP.

So here it is in a nutshell- if you want new & stable, Fission 2.4.3. If you don't mind dealing with a few issues, read through the GRD ROM'mer tools section and try some of those. If you want to wait for the newest (and probably the coolest!) but not quite yet available, it is GRD's new ROM.

Personally, I'm using 2.4.3 but waiting for the links to the new GRD. With home launchers, themes, and wallpapers, you can make a ROM your own, so to speak.

Good luck with it!

kptphalkon

Reaction score
Fission? New? 2.4.3 is over 3 months old....wish angdroid would update sometime

biknut1

Reaction score
new?

Fission? New? 2.4.3 is over 3 months old....wish angdroid would update sometime

Yeah, I've read all about that too. I just meant that this is as new as we have at this very moment- until GRD gets everything all ironed out.

OP
C

cgull

Reaction score

Here is what I understand about D2G ROM's- at the moment, Fission 2.4.3 is the newest, most stable ROM available for us. Older versions work, and that is all that is available (stable).

GRD has used various versions of the ROMmers with other ROM's. Some work, some don't, none are completely stable.

GRD's newly created ROM appears to be stable in their testing, but there seem to be problems with downloads right now. They are working to get everything repaired (links, not the ROM) ASAP.

So here it is in a nutshell- if you want new & stable, Fission 2.4.3. If you don't mind dealing with a few issues, read through the GRD ROM'mer tools section and try some of those. If you want to wait for the newest (and probably the coolest!) but not quite yet available, it is GRD's new ROM.

Personally, I'm using 2.4.3 but waiting for the links to the new GRD. With home launchers, themes, and wallpapers, you can make a ROM your own, so to speak.

Good luck with it!

Yeah I am sticking with 2.4.3 for now. For me, I just want a stable proven rom that is easy to install. I am hoping that GRD will result in some folks much smarter than I am creating builds which I can simply install like any other rom. Since GRD is a conversion tool, I guess every time a new source rom is released, it will need to be re-tested and burned in before mass consumption.

As for Fission (or any others for that matter), my fear is with GRD now in the mix we won't see D2G specific releases.

kptphalkon

Reaction score
Thats just the thing! The Get R Done ROMer tool only converts D2 roms to D2G format, mostly. GRD's own ROM is going to show up soon, and it is most assuredly a stand-alone project that will see continuous updates.

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
It also works on dx roms.... its basically the same thing as the dxtod2 porter except it works on dx and d2 to d2g.

As for our romer, the only issue that is only with this tool and not with the base rom is the sensors thing....

Sent from my Liberated D2G

Status
Not open for further replies.