What features do you want in a ROM??

Discussion in 'GET~R~DONE' started by Ultim8gamr, Mar 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jam2it30@gmail.com

Ratings:
    +0
    Actually, I have never run Ultimate Droid Gingerbread. I was talking about the old 2.2 Ultimate Droid, it had a bounce feature (similar to what the Iphone has). Also I think the older Cyanogen versions had it too.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

#13 Jam2it30@gmail.com, Mar 27, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2011
  2. WoZzY

WoZzY The GRD Dev Team
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +1
    All great ideas especially the shot idea as long as it includes jack daniels !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Ultim8gamr

Ultim8gamr Member

Ratings:
    +0
    x2 love me some tequila
    Ill see what we can do

Keep the suggestions coming! This is all great input

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

#15 Ultim8gamr, Mar 27, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2011
  4. biknut1

biknut1 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    ROM features

First I confess that I don't know what I am asking here, but hoping it isn't too much. I have not seen Liberty, but I have read about it's toolbox which sounds like a great idea. Would it be asking too much to have a ROM with the basics that it needs to run, then having options on much of the other things. As I read through these posts it is easy to see how everybody likes things just a little bit differently. I am sure that would increase the load on the devs- maybe basics first then other options added later. For example, maybe 1 keyboard layout at first, maybe some others after the ROM is up and running. May not work, just an idea.................

5. Ultim8gamr

Ultim8gamr Member

Ratings:
    +0
    This is exactly what I had planned for the ROM and I'm pretty sure that Burryboi and Wozzy are also on the same page. A minimalist, streamlined ROM with feature bundles that can be added later. I will begin work shortly on removing bits of the stock ROM until I can get it down to most basic functions while still remaining stable with Phone/text/browsing capabilities.

6. rusty815

rusty815 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, that's what I asked for, as close to stock as possible, no bloat or reinstalled packages that we don't need, and the toolbox for adding on what we want, but I wanted a different launcher installed for added functionality and more eyecandy, launcher pro is as good as it gets and consumes less battery than the stock launcher.

7. WoZzY

WoZzY The GRD Dev Team
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +1
    yeah launcher pro will be in the base due to the fact it is free takes memory/cpu to run cool features the tool box when released in the final version will have ADW in it as a option ....Also there is a few devs trying to get the sense launcher only found on htc Phones packed up into a nice little Apk package so that is a option as well

8. Ultim8gamr

Ultim8gamr Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I was wondering about pulling some stuff over from HTC. sounds good

9. rusty815

rusty815 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Sense would be a great thing to have in the toolbox, im a big fan of the new version of sense that is showcased on the etc flyer, when that comes out I hope it is ported to other devices ;)

10. Genetics

Genetics Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Have you looked at the GO series of apps as options. I've switched to their launched and text app.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

11. jt1359

jt1359 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah I've seen go launcher, I think it actually works a little better than Launcherpro, although I still always go back to Launcherpro cuz it's what I'm used to. I wonder when Fede is gonna finish the rewrite, or at least come out with an update. There hasn't been one since January.

12. WoZzY

WoZzY The GRD Dev Team
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +1
    according to his twitter & other ways I have got email updates for me being a supporting member of his work for buying launcher pro Plus i get a email every so often ...i am sure it is a email blast but what ever he is working on a few projects not only launcher pro but it said will rival most launchers out guessing ADW might be getting a run for its money when he releases this new re write of launcher pro

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.