Gotta Love BB Owners!

mikespe

Reaction score
I've been using the new Google Buzz and a friend of mine and I we talking about Buzz on the droid and a possible widget for it. A friend of hers chimed in about the Blackberry saying there wasn't a widget for it yet either. Then this other guy (don't know who?) Said that Blackberries were better than Droids! I said BB's are OK toys!

I guess BB users are going to die a hard death!! LOL!

droider4life

Reaction score
I like to call them " blue berries" then watch the die hards eyes light up as they correct me by saying "its a blackberry" as if I called it blueberry by accident LOL hahahaha

OP
M

mikespe

Reaction score
I found this link to the crackberry forum where blackberry users are defending the Droid! I posted that to the Buzz!! LOL

CBLJazz

Reaction score
Older doesn't mean better.
Talking to bb people is like talking to grandma in a nursing home.

mclarryjr

Reaction score
Blackberrys are pretty good phones if you don't want a non slide out physical keyboard. Besides a old OS that hasn't changed in years and very bad browsing experience their not all that bad. I had 3 different BB but wouldn't trade my droid for any or all of them.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
For business use Blackberries are far far better devices than the Droid. Period. Neither platform deserves to be called a "toy," but the Droid is far closer than a Blackberry. When the Droid can support email encryption, password protection for email, and a host of other critical needs for corporations, get back to me. Until then, there is a reason that BB phones continue to dominate the smartphone market.

Dunc

Reaction score
jsh1120 said:
When the Droid can support email encryption, password protection for email, and a host of other critical needs for corporations, get back to me.
Just write an app that requires you to input login information before it opens. That wouldn't be hard to do.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you want to compare Blackberry with a Droid then pick the one phone that's in direct competition with Droid and that would be a Storm 2. Droid just blows it away with browser speed, virtual keyboard and apps available for it. There is no way you would have anything like Swype on a Storm 2.

Anyway the hardware is a mess, buttons don't work correctly. Blackberry may be better for business but for someone who wants a phone that can really perform the Droid smokes it in every way.

jozhua

Reaction score
There are def a few things I miss from my Storm that the Droid cannot do. I would love to have a combined inbox & an AIM app that doesn't disconnect all the frickin time. Oh also an IM client that allows you to send voice notes...

That being said, the Droid smokes it in pretty much everything else.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
jsh1120 said:
When the Droid can support email encryption, password protection for email, and a host of other critical needs for corporations, get back to me.
Just write an app that requires you to input login information before it opens. That wouldn't be hard to do.

Oh really? Tell you what, you write an app that intercepts the call to "email" (which is not a separate app) that can be used without rooting a phone and there are a number of Fortune 1000 corporations who would be happy to pay you for it. Want to pick up some serious change? Write an app that encrypts emails from a Droid.

Droids are great phones. But RIM-based phones have half the entire smartphone market for a reason. They are serious business devices. The Droid is not yet in the same league.

Last edited:

jozhua

Reaction score
Quit being lazy jsh1120 and write a dang app for it! Do you realize how many lines of code you could've put together instead of posting on this forum??????????? I was compiling in the shower today... that's how dedicated I am. ;)

ArkiMage

Reaction score
For business use Blackberries are far far better devices than the Droid. Period. Neither platform deserves to be called a "toy," but the Droid is far closer than a Blackberry. When the Droid can support email encryption, password protection for email, and a host of other critical needs for corporations, get back to me. Until then, there is a reason that BB phones continue to dominate the smartphone market.

Email Encryption - The stock client supports SSL encryption, how does BB do it better?

Password Protection for Email - What exactly does that mean? Android supports password protection for the device. Why would I need to authenticate more than once, how does that help?

OP
M

mikespe

Reaction score
Hey Guys...this post was supposed to be just in good fun! The guy on Buzz just "picked a fight" with me and I stuck up for our favorite phone...Let's just keep this thread to bashing Blackberry owners please! ;-)