Incredible has been ordered - BB Storm convert

socal droid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung S21+
Have ordered the DROID Incredible, which will complete my conversion from a Crackberry to a CrackDroid?? LOL Anyway, been a smart phone user for over 2 years ... BB Curve --- BB Storm1 -- BB Storm2, back to BB Storm1. I had upgraded from the Storm1 to a Storm2, but decided to give it back and go over to the DROID.

My Daughter has a DROID and basically watching her use her phone, and especially web browsing experience and sturdiness feel of the virtual keyboard were the deal maker for me!

I learned a great deal about my blackberries and felt great when I've been able to help others while using Crackberry.com, and have similar expectations with this Forum.

Serialkilla

Reaction score
Welcome! You made a wise decision! Android OS is amazing,makes BB feel prehistoric.I started with the mot Droid,and graduated to the Incredible. It is an amazing device,you will not be disappointed! Glad you crossed over,and look forward to seeing you around the forum! Everyone here is absolutely awesome,and any questions at all, do not hesitate - you will be helped out very quickly, enjoy!

dhbragdon

Reaction score
Just joined the DROID Forum today May 16 2010

I'm learning my way about my Motorola DROID (Android 2.1). My wife just picked up an HTC Incredible from BestBuy (Verizon).

It is time to get on the learning curve in earnest!

David

droidweb

Reaction score
Thank you for leaving BB... I've never liked the form factor on those things. Plus they don't have anything on the android app store

OP
socal droid

socal droid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung S21+
Thank you for leaving BB... I've never liked the form factor on those things. Plus they don't have anything on the android app store

The truth is I really did love the blackberries I had owned, and was a really difficult decision for me to make; Upgrade to the Storm2 or a DROID. The Storm2 has many pluses and some not so pluses. I'm sure the DROID also has both as well.

I think the biggest thing I will will not miss is the memory leaks and battery pulls. Haven't seen my daughter experience either of those dancedroid

So, I'm not here to bash the BB, but am certainly celebrating purchasing the Incredible ... now the wait until the FEDEX guy delivers it begins!

OP
socal droid

socal droid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung S21+
I'm learning my way about my Motorola DROID (Android 2.1). My wife just picked up an HTC Incredible from BestBuy (Verizon).

David

David,

What was yours and your wife's first impression after getting the phones home?