At The Dentist Office

r-dubya

Reaction score
My hygientist at the dentist office is pretty cool to me. She always cranks up the nitrous and makes sure I'm well taken care of.

During my last visit I was showing my Dentist my Blackberry Storm 2. She remembered that and said, "Oh look at this phone I got." Guess what, she has a Droid. She say's "I'm not sure if I like it." I pull out my Droid and say let me show you why you should like it.

I told her that mine was a little more customized then her (didn't want to get in to Rom's and stuff) but I was certain she didn't know how powerful it was. I had her hit the search button and told her to say, "Navigate to Giant Eagle, Tanglewood." She was amazed when the navigation popped up and tol her to turn right. Then I showed her the math trick. She wanted to know how I got the time and weather on my screen so I told her about Beautiful Widgets.

I'm pretty sure she's going to love her Droid now. I told her about the forum and how she should drop by and find out what the Droid can really do.

I think most Droid owners are probably like her. They have this great phone but have no idea of it's potential and what it can actually do.

Um, did i miss something?? What math trick are we talking about??

knotbeerdan

Reaction score
Yesterday I had to go to the dentist to get my veneer glued on permanently and while they were doing the work i was listening to men who stare at goats. The assistant in the middle of cleaning my tooth off was like " hey look he can watch movies on his phone" then a piece of cement fell into my throat and i started choking..... I turned the screen off

OP
hookbill

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
My hygientist at the dentist office is pretty cool to me. She always cranks up the nitrous and makes sure I'm well taken care of.

During my last visit I was showing my Dentist my Blackberry Storm 2. She remembered that and said, "Oh look at this phone I got." Guess what, she has a Droid. She say's "I'm not sure if I like it." I pull out my Droid and say let me show you why you should like it.

I told her that mine was a little more customized then her (didn't want to get in to Rom's and stuff) but I was certain she didn't know how powerful it was. I had her hit the search button and told her to say, "Navigate to Giant Eagle, Tanglewood." She was amazed when the navigation popped up and tol her to turn right. Then I showed her the math trick. She wanted to know how I got the time and weather on my screen so I told her about Beautiful Widgets.

I'm pretty sure she's going to love her Droid now. I told her about the forum and how she should drop by and find out what the Droid can really do.

I think most Droid owners are probably like her. They have this great phone but have no idea of it's potential and what it can actually do.

Oh you don't know the math trick. Pick up your droid hit search button and microphone and give it a math problem. Like what's 23% of 180. It will give you an answer.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Well i think "great cuts" is code for "illegal massage parlor" :rofl3: hay hooky did you tell her when she joins she has to give mods/admins/NEWS ppl/ unlimited nitrous?

. Then I showed her the math trick. have no idea of it's potential and what it can actually do.

"Great Cuts" with wine, MATH TRICKS, and "nitrous. WHere is this at sounds like a great place. I wanna go before the feds shut that down also.:icon_ devil:

OP
hookbill

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yesterday I had to go to the dentist to get my veneer glued on permanently and while they were doing the work i was listening to men who stare at goats. The assistant in the middle of cleaning my tooth off was like " hey look he can watch movies on his phone" then a piece of cement fell into my throat and i started choking..... I turned the screen off

Obviously you lived through it. Lol. All my demo's were done before and after work procedures. I just got a cleaning but at my age I have to go more then once every 6 months so it's 3 times a year for me.

And yes, I use the gas even for cleanings. I don't like having people mess with my teeth, it relaxes me.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
It is good that you was able to help some one out. I refer many to search the forums as well. THe other day some one asked me about rooting, some one sent him to me, and he was new to using the droid. He had asked me to do it for him and I refused. As I told him, I will give you a site to learn about the phone and if you choose to root learn how to do it so you can do it for yourself. But also on the site you may learn about alot of other things you can do with your phone that does not require root. This way you can make your phone your own to put on it and have it do what you want not what someone else wants.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Nitrous? How much dental work you get done? lol sounds like you go often ... maybe just for the drugs.
Hook can run the 1/4 mile in 10.67 seconds...no joke

StupidGenius

Reaction score
It is good that you was able to help some one out. I refer many to search the forums as well. THe other day some one asked me about rooting, some one sent him to me, and he was new to using the droid. He had asked me to do it for him and I refused. As I told him, I will give you a site to learn about the phone and if you choose to root learn how to do it so you can do it for yourself. But also on the site you may learn about alot of other things you can do with your phone that does not require root. This way you can make your phone your own to put on it and have it do what you want not what someone else wants.

I like your way of thinking. "Give a man fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him to fish, he'll eat for a lifetime." You may all now insert your witty "root" and "droid" variant.

Tierlifer

Reaction score

Yeah but is she hot!?!!?! Nothing like a trip to the dentist office that has a hottie hygienist. It's what motivates myself fot those 2 cleanings a year!

ezekiel2000

Reaction score

Oh you don't know the math trick. Pick up your droid hit search button and microphone and give it a math problem. Like what's 23% of 180. It will give you an answer.

Thanks for asking the question I was going to ask.

Math trick...huh, pretty cool! I didn't know it could do that.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Every day I notice the same questions from new users and that they are unable to get a vzw rep to really help them. Forums like this needs to be plastered on the droid google page so new users don't give up before having the opportunity to truly learn about the device.

Now this is dumb: I thought VZW reps used to get free phones to try so they can, you know, HELP customers. Asked the guy in the store I bought from (a large store), and he said only two people had them, and they have to pay out of pocket (at cost maybe not a big deal, but the data plans could be a dealbreaker for some).

How in the heck do you sell a phone like this and support your customers without using it on a daily basis? I've spent HOURS tweaking mine and there seems to be a recurring trend that when you ask a VZW rep a question about the Droid they usually can't provide the right answer. Your big seller and flagship phone and only 2 sales reps in the store own one!?!

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Every day I notice the same questions from new users and that they are unable to get a vzw rep to really help them. Forums like this needs to be plastered on the droid google page so new users don't give up before having the opportunity to truly learn about the device.

Now this is dumb: I thought VZW reps used to get free phones to try so they can, you know, HELP customers. Asked the guy in the store I bought from (a large store), and he said only two people had them, and they have to pay out of pocket (at cost maybe not a big deal, but the data plans could be a dealbreaker for some).

How in the heck do you sell a phone like this and support your customers without using it on a daily basis? I've spent HOURS tweaking mine and there seems to be a recurring trend that when you ask a VZW rep a question about the Droid they usually can't provide the right answer. Your big seller and flagship phone and only 2 sales reps in the store own one!?!

To be fair to the vzw reps they have prob 100s of phones so they just have time to get you set up and out. Most of the phones are simple: turn on, play some games, text, maybe an mp3 player, and that is it. The droid is a different smart phone. THe rep is one person this forum has 1000+ members who range from hard core hacker to everyday user. So you are going to get better advice here then at vzw.

knotbeerdan

Reaction score
I went to apply at VZW for a second job hoping to be the in house smartphone tech. They told me they already had one. I had to go back a few days later with my imagio and it was for e-mail syncing or adding an account. He told me there was no way to fix it and it had to go back. while we were there playing with it I remembered something from my omnia to set up the exchange account and so I proceeded to go and start making some changes in the registry.

The guys jaw hit the floor " I had no idea they had a registry" he said. I walked over to the manager and told him how "awesome" his tech guy was.... I dont think he works there anymore

OP
hookbill

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I also showed her Google Earth and came right down on the dentist office. I told her she would need to add that as an .apk file because it wasn't in the market yet. I got the deer in the headlights look. Told her again drop by the forum.

No, she's not "hot" but she's not a hag either. And once I'm on the gas I don't care either way.:icon_ devil:

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Totally agree. There's a guy I work with who's wife bought him a Droid for his birthday. He was complaining about the functionality, until I showed him all the cool and practical things the phone could do. Now he's hooked and wants his brother to give up his "dumbphone" and get a Droid too. I showed him this forum and he said he would visit it often.

i like to talk to people when i see that they have a droid.. unless of course i see that is is bedazzled and blinged, then i know it's not worth my time.